Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stats

Well, the season is coming; I'm not a big stat person but
    The Eagles were -14 in turnovers 24v38. How much would their season last year have changed of that was even a -5? Immensely I believe and I can't see them being that bad again this year. This one area alone could make a significant difference.

Kick returns; they ranked 31st in the league (20.9). But 5th in the league was only 5 yards more (26.0). I don't think 5 added yards on KRs would make a world of difference but it certainly should be easy enough to improve on a ranking of 31st in the league.

When leading at the half the birds were 8-2. When losing at the half the birds were 0-6. Not sure what that says but great halftime adjustments isn't what comes to mind.
    Last edited by NoDakIggle; 07-17-2012, 09:15 AM.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
    Well, the season is coming; I'm not a big stat person but
    The Eagles were -14 in turnovers (24v3. How much would their season last year have changed of that was even a -5? Immensely I believe and I can't see them being that bad again this year. This one area alone could make a significant difference.

Kick returns; they ranked 31st in the league (20.9). But 5th in the league was only 5 yards more (26.0). I don't think 5 added yards on KRs would make a world of difference but it certainly should be easy enough to improve on a ranking of 31st in the league.

When leading at the half the birds were 8-2. When losing at the half the birds were 0-6. Not sure what that says but great halftime adjustments isn't what comes to mind.
    -14 to -5? Heck, depending on which turn-over you took back, just going from -14 to -13 would have meant 1 more win. 1 more win would've meant the Giants wouldn't have made the play-offs. The entire NFL season would have been completely different...just based on the difference of 1 f-ing turn-over by the Eagles. That's how frustrating last season was.

Comment

sigh.

I've been trying to forget that the Giants won the SB.

This season can't get here soon enough.

Comment

Here, let me make is worse....

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
        sigh.

I've been trying to forget that the Giants won the SB. AGAIN

http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

sigh.

I've been trying to forget that the Giants won the SB.

I try not to think about it because it really makes me sick.
          Living here in Giants/Yankees Land can really get to you.
          All I can do is shake my head.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
            I try not to think about it because it really makes me sick.
            Living here in Giants/Yankees Land can really get to you.
            All I can do is shake my head.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
              -14 to -5? Heck, depending on which turn-over you took back, just going from -14 to -13 would have meant 1 more win. 1 more win would've meant the Giants wouldn't have made the play-offs. The entire NFL season would have been completely different...just based on the difference of 1 f-ing turn-over by the Eagles. That's how frustrating last season was.
              Let me make it worse because apparently I hate myself. Allow me to pick one turnover to take back...How about the would-have-been TD pass to Steve Smith that bounced off his chest for an INT. Even when he wasn't wearing a Giants uniform, he may have been their most important player.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                Let me make it worse because apparently I hate myself. Allow me to pick one turnover to take back...How about the would-have-been TD pass to Steve Smith that bounced off his chest for an INT. Even when he wasn't wearing a Giants uniform, he may have been their most important player.
                Yea he sure didn't help the birds one friggin bit. For ugliest turnover in the history of the sport I submit the Ronnie Brown fiasco.

As an aside, my son is working at giants stadium next week. I told him I would be happy to give him two or three small explosive devices for the home locker room. Unfortunately I'm here while he is in NY and I don't have any to get to him.
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

The Ronnie Brown play was so retarded you just have to laugh at it all.

Comment

The Ronnie Brown play was so retarded you just have to laugh at it all.

But Vin they practiced that play over and over in camp....

You'd think someone would have told Andy it was a stupid play and to take it out of the playbook.
                    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                      But Vin they practiced that play over and over in camp....

You'd think someone would have told Andy it was a stupid play and to take it out of the playbook.
                      which yes man was gonna do that?

Comment

which yes man was gonna do that?
                        Hell it should have been obvious enough even to the waterboy!!

Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                        X