(OT) Sandy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (OT) Sandy

How is everyone hanging in up there?????
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

I'm inland,but it's raining horizontally,it could get interesting later.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

From what I've seen on TV and read on-line, I think Hurricane Sandy will be the worst storm, or at least worst non-snowstorm, in the history of New Jersey, especially south Jersey. Seriously.

If any of you live near the Jersey Shore, stay safe to the degree that you can.

As for where I live (DC area), it was nasty outside when I was out this morning.

Comment

just a storm for now but expecting it to get really bad in the next 4 hours.

I love a good storm!

Comment

Seen some terrifying photos from Ocean City, NJ and Surf City, NJ. Dunes have been breached in Ocean City, NJ, and Beach Haven, NJ. I think from Cape May to Atlantic City and in between this is going to be a disaster. I also think Delaware and Eastern Maryland will have quite a lot of flooding. So far I'm lucking out a little in Central Bucks as big rains seem to be going slightly south and west of where I am.

Comment

I just wanted to note for those of you who watched RedZone yesterday, that rainy mess in Cleveland for the Browns-Chargers game was caused by Hurricane Sandy. (The rain in Detroit for last night's World Series game was also caused by Sandy.) Think about where the storm was located on Sunday and think about where Cleveland is relative to the Atlantic Ocean. Amazing.

Comment

Saw some video of the Atlantic city boardwalk (I dont think it's the main stretch) and it was destroyed.

Comment

I saw where the Ocean City MD pier was destroyed this morning. I spent a lot of time there growing up. Hanging out , hitting the surf, playing volleyball and walking the boardwalk at night. Man that sucks. This storm is now picking on my childhood!

Be safe every one. I just checked in on my mom who is in Vienna Va. She's getting rather scared. Of course, she's 74 and by herself, so I am concerned for her as well.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                  I saw where the Ocean City MD pier was destroyed this morning. I spent a lot of time there growing up. Hanging out , hitting the surf, playing volleyball and walking the boardwalk at night. Man that sucks. This storm is now picking on my childhood!

Be safe every one. I just checked in on my mom who is in Vienna Va. She's getting rather scared. Of course, she's 74 and by herself, so I am concerned for her as well.

I spent time there as well, it's gone. Just waiting for the power to go down and fire up the generator. Winds are getting crazy here now, trees will start going down shortly. Good luck to every one, stay safe.
                  Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Just ran outside to get the mail. It is NUTS out there. Branches flying everywhere and the trees creaking under the weight of the storm.

And I'm nowhere near the shore.

Comment

Got this report from a family member in LBI, NJ this AM:

doesn't look good for LBI - high tide is coming now (8:30) - there is 2 feet of water infront of Steffano's Restaurant and 6 inches inside and the storm will not be there until tonight -
                      the ocean and the bay has come over in some areas - beaches in beach haven don't look good - doesn't even look like there is any beach left - water/waves up to the dunes, and in some places going to top of dunes
                      pictures that i have seen are from last night - water to door of Chicken and the egg - over a foot of water infront of Sur La Plage in the road -
                      just saw pics of Atlantic City - part of the boardwalk has been washed away -
                      bay water is covering parts of the Parkway south of us
                      huge waves in cape may - I mean really huge -----
                      will send some pics
                      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                      Playoff Appearances:
                      NFC Title Games:
                      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Chris Christie is a badass.

- for some reason the mayor of Atlantic City chose to ignore me when I told everyone to evacuate
                        - for you people and public officials who decided to ignore me and stay where you are instead of leaving, this is now your responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                          Chris Christie is a badass.

- for some reason the mayor of Atlantic City chose to ignore me when I told everyone to evacuate
                          - for you people and public officials who decided to ignore me and stay where you are instead of leaving, this is now your responsibility.
                          * We need more politicians like him. Straight 1950's.
                          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                          Playoff Appearances:
                          NFC Title Games:
                          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

friend just showed me pics of the new bridge at Indian River Inlet and it looks like the road is in really bad shape
                            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Pretty nasty here in Easton, Md on the Eastern Shore. Around 50mph winds & a shitload of rain. Supposed to continue till @ noon on Tuesday. Haven's lost power so we're fortunate. Ocen City, Md & South Jersey(all Cape May County) are gettin hammered. Stay put & Stay Safe Folks.
                              Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Working...
                              X