Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs player kills gf then himself

Holy crap.

Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher this morning shot and killed his girlfriend before going to Arrowhead Stadium and fatally shooting himself as team personnel tried to stop him, police said.

Police Capt. David Lindaman said Belcher, 25, and his girlfriend, 22, got into an argument around 7 a.m. at their home in the 5400 block of Crysler Avenue in Kansas City. Around 7:50 a.m., Lindaman said, Belcher shot his girlfriend multiple times. She was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

Lindaman said Belcher’s mother, who was visiting the couple and their 3-month-old daughter, witnessed the shooting and was being interviewed by police.

Belcher left the scene on Crysler and went to the Chiefs practice facility at Arrowhead, police said.

Police were called to the stadium around 8:10 a.m. Lindaman said when Belcher arrived there he encountered General Manager Scott Pioli and other team personnel. They apparently attempted to keep him from committing additional acts of violence. When police arrived, Belcher shot himself in the head.

Lindaman said investigators at the home on Crysler were awaiting search warrants.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/01...#storylink=cpy

Holy Shit! When does it ever get that bad when an argument with your girlfriend turns into such a tragedy. Now a 3 month old child has to be raised by the grandmother. Just an absolute waste.
    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

I wonder if the Chiefs will forfeit the game.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
        I don't see that happening Vin. A moment of silence befoe kickoff is more likely.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
          That has to be an option considering that it happened at Arrowhead.
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

According to NFL.com the Panthers were told to fly to KC and they will play on Sunday. Could be subject to change but as of right now it's game on.

Comment

Poor chiefs. They are kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. The nfl should cancel the game, give car the win and find a way to pay the chiefs.

Comment

Money rules! Everyone knows that.

The report here locally is Belcher raced in to the Arrowhead parking lot for practice after shooting his girlfriend multiple times. Belcher got out of his car and walked over to Crennel and Pioloi, thanked them for the chance to play in NFL, and then as the cops approached him he turned around and shot himself as he walked away.

Belcher was an undrafted free agent who signed with the chiefs and then made the team. He and his girlfiend, whom he met through another Chiefs player, had a 3 month old together. She had been out at a trey songs (sp??) concert last night and got home way late. Her mother was at the house at the time of the shooting.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

money does rule but nobody was going to watch that game on tv anyway. Let the NFL step in, give the chiefs they money they wouldve gotten from gate receipts, let the chiefs compensate the concessions people somehow, and use this as a PR win.

The NFL can afford it. There's no reason to play this game.

Comment

Sad thing to happen,I feel bad about the wife,kid and the mother,but I have zero sympathy for anyone who commits suicide and to do it in front of so many people, making them victims sucks. As far as murdering the girlfriend,it further disgusts me ,I am and always will be of the opinion that you don't hit or harm a woman. I've been around a bunch I would have loved to smack,but never have and never would.
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

This whole deal is tragic. Why? It makes no sense at all. Thoughts and prayers for their infant daughter, the girlfriend's mother, family and friends of both Belcher and the girlfriend. AW, I just heard about him dying in front of GM Pioli and HC Crennel. Not sure how they'd manage to proceed with business as usual with this fresh in their minds.

Comment

The totally unnecessary deaths of 2 people...tragic.

The NFL's 'Business as Usual' approach...disgraceful and entirely predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                          The totally unnecessary deaths of 2 people...tragic.

The NFL's 'Business as Usual' approach...disgraceful and entirely predictable.
                          Not to sound crass, but what is to be gained by not playing? I feel bad for everyone involved, but I say play on. No reason to ruin every one else's Sunday of fun just because of one wing-nut. Just my opinion.

Comment

I also don't see why you wouldn't play. Of course he has close friends on the team but how many times have you seen guys lose, brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers and wind up playing that same week. They'll wear a black patch or something, maybe have his number on the helmet, maybe aminute of silence, maybe, maybe. They'll have some type of honor and move on
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

On the one hand, people die everyday and life goes on. You really shouldn't cheat the fans.

On the other hand, I think it's gonna be extremely tough on the team itself.

Comment

Working...
                              X