No announcement yet.

Philly.com: On DRC, Asomugha and the Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me resigning DRC is more important than keeping Nnamdi but if Nnamdi is willing to restructure than go for it. It is unlikely the Birds pick a corner as high as they are going to pick so if they don't bring back at least one of them the corner situation will be awful. One of them has to be back and i will take DRC because he is younger and appeared more explosive and generally up to the task when played hard. Nnamdi appeared over matched speed and change of direction-wise this year. I would actually bring Nnamdi back to though if he would play for considerably less money... But he won't. Finding a corner can wait another year or 2 if you get a commitment from DRC though.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Totally feel the same way as AW. I like Nnamdi, seems like a good dude and all, but I think if you are just looking at their physical abilities, DRC is far above him. I just wish DRC showed a more consistant effort. Effort or no, Nnamdi is just not as talented. If i have to choose one guy to move forward with, it's the guy with greater upside.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

just my opinion,but Nnamdi is under contract,so keep him. Bowles has done wonders in 2 games with the D,I'm going to blame the previous staff (Washburn) for all the problems.Also young and changing OLBs along with putrid S play. I have a hard time believing 2 highly regarded CBs turned into shit without a core issue.I'll lay the blame on the staff and allow them the chance to jell with new teammates,new coaches and a new system. If Nnamdi can't cut it next season and a youngster is then a better option,so be it.
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

That brings up another thought......as we don't know what the coaching changes may bring, does anyone have interest in retaining Bowles?
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
            just my opinion,but Nnamdi is under contract,so keep him. Bowles has done wonders in 2 games with the D,I'm going to blame the previous staff (Washburn) for all the problems.Also young and changing OLBs along with putrid S play. I have a hard time believing 2 highly regarded CBs turned into shit without a core issue.I'll lay the blame on the staff and allow them the chance to jell with new teammates,new coaches and a new system. If Nnamdi can't cut it next season and a youngster is then a better option,so be it.
            Sorry MM, but to this I say BS!!!! This is the same line of crap that I heard the last month of last season. Those DBs have sucked for 2 years, and now somehow that was Washburn's fault? I'm not buying. I'm not buying ANYTHING about this team or staff. Our defense still sucks, and we still suck. Both of those corners can say bye-bye and it won't make one bit of difference next year. Yeah, DRC has talent but this is the second team that he's been on that can't get it out of him. Blow this whole friekin mess up.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Just saying 60 that you keep what you got till ya got something better.If this D had played all season like the past 2 games and we might not be having this discussion. CBs on an island is pretty much status quo,CB with absolutely no help is just plain fucked.These guys for whatever reason have started playing better,might as well include some of these guys in the mix and see what shakes out till next season.
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
              X