• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birds 24/7: Reid's Last Home Game

How will Eagles fans respond?

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2012...ke-up-call-29/

EXCERPT--
    If the fan base was surveyed, the majority would feel that Reid has done more than enough to earn a dignified exit. But there has been no guarantee that the end is coming. As a result, the fans on Sunday will have to act unprompted if they want to send a positive message.
    http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...807&feedID=692

With just two games to go in this train wreck of a season that almost certainly will end with the firing of the NFL’s longest-tenured head coach, the intrigue of Sunday’s game against the Redskins at the Linc centers less on the final score and more on the home crowd’s reaction to what will very likely be Reid’s final home game.

I do hope the fans give Big Red the respect he deserves in this last home game. A standing ovation or two would be nice.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

How about "we love Andy"? It's true isn't it? It doesn't mean that he has to stay.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Agreed. I hope they give Andy due respect.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I was very pleasantly surprised by the reception McNabb got here when he showed up in a Redskins uniform...I hope to be just as pleasantly surprised by the standing ovation AR receives.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            How about "we love Andy"? It's true isn't it? It doesn't mean that he has to stay.
            I never loved Andy. However, if I was there, I'd try to remember to give him and the team polite applause when they were leaving the field (if the Eagles lost).

Comment

I know what should be appropriate --- but my guess is that it won't happen.

Comment

I'll be there and be sure to give my respect to Reid if and when the moment comes. Not sure how it will work to that though.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                  I know what should be appropriate --- but my guess is that it won't happen.
                  You'll be surprised then. Fans might get frustrated during the game but will give Reid a nice send off in my opinion.
                  Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Just scored two free tix to Sunday's game...even if they blow giant chunks of monkey sh*t this year, Im still excited...although I had to forbid my son from wearing his Redskins McNabb jersey

Comment

Very cool, FTD. Have a great time, and send Andy the massage from us all.
                      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

So after all the buildup...NOTHING. The Linc was less than 1/2 full by the end of the game, and after the 1-second penalty and run-off, no one even cared. Hell, I even told the Skins fans in front of me (leaving in the 3rd quarter) they should stick around just to watch RG3 play.
                        No boos, no cheers, nada...just AR walking off the field, probably for the last time as Eagles Head Coach. The end of an era.

Comment

Supposedly there were Andy chants at the game. Celek was asked about it post game, and Andy commented on it as well. Sounds like those classless Eagle fans showed Andy some love despite this whole debacle. Good for them!

Comment

Originally posted by FearTheDawk View Post
                            So after all the buildup...NOTHING. The Linc was less than 1/2 full by the end of the game, and after the 1-second penalty and run-off, no one even cared. Hell, I even told the Skins fans in front of me (leaving in the 3rd quarter) they should stick around just to watch RG3 play.
                            No boos, no cheers, nada...just AR walking off the field, probably for the last time as Eagles Head Coach. The end of an era.
                            This is the way the world ends
                            Not with a bang but a whimper.

@Fresh - it wasn't loud enough to be heard on tv but the local talking heads did mention it as well.

Comment

I was at the game and didn't hear a single Andy chant.

Comment

Working...
                              X