(OT) F*@king Snow(Maybe NSFW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by musicman View Post
    my kid just came and got me to come outside. I have a 12 x 10 metal shed that housed dog food, straw for the beagles, push mower, chipper and odds and ends. The roof caved in, so now that stuff all needs a home and it all needs to be carried over 18" of snow. FUCK WINTER
    SHIT!!!

No problem, pothole season is now officially here too.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
      SHIT!!!

the roads are going to shit and the state and townships have thrown all their salt down and are tapping into liquid fuels money to buy more and pay for the overtime that goes into snow removal. Therefor the roads will not get repaired.
      Did get some great news though, our school district let the word out that for the third year in a row they will raise taxes the maximum allowed by law. Yippee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      I'm thinking of selling my house, buying a big camper and living in a campground for the rest of my days.
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        SHIT!!!

I'm just waiting for some jackass to swerve to avoid a pothole and instead ram into me.

Comment

mm, only partly in jest--go west young man; ND can't get enough paving crews to do all the road work there is in the state. There is far too much work to be done (and money to do it) but they just can't get the crews. There are crews from all over the country here.
          And taxes (property and income) get reduced every year. How long all this lasts is a question but the word is that drilling will continue for 25 years at least and then the production jobs will stay.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

How long is paving season, 6 months ? May to Oct ? I could do some serious hunting.
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Yea maybe into the beginning of Nov but life turns to bird hunting in Oct then deer then ice fishing then bitching about how long winter is going to last.
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

I would love to hunt pheasants, I have seen maybe a dozen free range pheasants in my hunting years. When I was a kid they were everywhere. I watch those hunting shows where 20 roosters at a time are taking flight and wish I was there.

Comment

I would love to hunt pheasants, I have seen maybe a dozen free range pheasants in my hunting years. When I was a kid they were everywhere. I watch those hunting shows where 20 roosters at a time are taking flight and wish I was there.
                  Yea there isn't much better than a morning walk with roosters flying. The big problem is that the very best areas have become fee hunting. Some landowners are charging $300 a day which is crazy. There are still some areas open to hunting but it is getting harder and harder due to the greed
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

Listen MM. Before you get too carried away I want you to stop and think for a moment. You're having a hard time handling a Pennsylvania winter, and you want to move to friekin North Dakota!!!

Comment

It's a dry cold, haha

Comment

On another note, I decided to take my new 11 horse Ariens out for a test run yesterday on 14 inches of wet snow and it went through it like Grant took Richmond! I figure with this winter we're going to have one of those late March nor'esterners that dumps a foot or two of wet shit that paralyzes everything and I'll be ready for it.

Comment

60, you paid for a new snowblower, it won't snow for 3 years now

Comment

I would love to hunt pheasants, I have seen maybe a dozen free range pheasants in my hunting years.

I found some historical footage of your ancestors peasant hunting.

Oh wait, you said pheasants, with an "H".... never mind!
                            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                              I found some historical footage of your ancestors peasant hunting.

Oh wait, you said pheasants, with an "H".... never mind!
                              that's one of my favorite movies

Comment

Damn 60 you're bustin on ND and never been here. I did admit that after hunting the next season is the bitching about the cold season. But we don't get near the snow most places do and I was talking more about the job situation than the night life.
                                As for the snow blower.....well done. When dealing with big crap you need big power. It is like Chip says bigger snow blowers beat up little snow blowers
                                Hope is not a strategy
                                RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X