Bryce Brown Traded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryce Brown Traded

The Birds have traded Brown to the Bills for a conditional pick in either 2015 or 2016.

LINK: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...nal-draft-pick

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
    The Birds have traded Brown to the Bills for a conditional pick in either 2015 or 2016.

LINK: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...nal-draft-pick
    I haven't been able to find what the exact conditions are.

The Eagles and Bills definitely swapped 7th round picks this year (so the Eagles move up 13 spots from 237 to 224).

According to an Eagles tweet, they will get either a 2015 4th rounder, a 2016 4th rounder, or a 2016 3rd rounder. The pick involves the conditional pick the Bills just got from the 49ers in exchange for Stevie Johnson, which was a conditional 2015 4th rounder.

I can't tell if the Bills simply traded that pick to the Eagles, along with all the conditions, or if it's even more complicated. According to this article, the 49ers pick is a 4th round pick in 2015, unless Johnson hits some unspecified performance levels, in which case the Bills will get the 49ers 2015 3rd round pick. The trade with the Eagles is dependent on which one the Bills get; if it's the 2015 4th rounder from the 49ers, that is what the Eagles get. If that pick turns into the 49ers 3rd round, then the Eagles do not get that, but instead get the Bills' 2016 4th round pick instead. In that situation, if Brown hits other unspecified performance levels, the Eagles will get the Bills' 2016 3rd round pick instead.

Whew.

Comment

I think there should be conditions on forcing fans to figure out the conditions of conditional picks.

Comment

From Bryce's point of view it's got to really suck. Now he has to back up Spiller and Jackson and live in Buffalo to boot!
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Sounds like the Buffalo Bills explained the compensation a bit more:

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/9034669.php?pid=400723

The Bills will send a 2015 fourth-round selection to Philadelphia if:
          - Stevie Johnson does not meet production-based conditions in San Francisco in 2014.
          - Bryce Brown does not meet production-based conditions in Buffalo in 2014.

The Bills will send a 2016 fourth-round selection to Philadelphia if:
          - Stevie Johnson does meet production-based conditions in San Francisco in 2014.
          - Bryce Brown does not meet production-based conditions in Buffalo in either 2014 or 2015.

The Bills will send a 2016 third-round selection to Philadelphia if:
          - Stevie Johnson does meet production-based conditions in San Francisco in 2014.
          - Bryce Brown does meet production-based conditions in Buffalo in either 2014 or 2015.

So, it sounds even more complicated than guessed before, but also makes the 2016 third-round pick more likely if we have to wait that long.

If Stevie Johnson meets production-based conditions this year, then the Bills get the 49ers third round pick in 2015. The Eagles will not get that pick, and would push the Eagles pick to 2016. If Brown does well for the Bills in *either* of the next two years, that pick would be the Bills' 2016 third-rounder. If Brown doesn't play well, it will be the Bills' 2016 4th-round pick.

If Stevie Johnson does not play well this year, the Bills will get the 49ers 4th round pick in 2015. In that case, if Brown also does not play well, the Eagles get that 49ers pick. If he does play well, then the Eagles get the 2016 3rd rounder (since Brown would have fulfilled that condition).

Another way to look at it is that if Brown plays well this year for them, we get the 2016 3rd rounder no matter what Stevie Johnson does. I think anyways -- maybe I'm misreading that.

Comment

that is so messed up. It really looks like we will end up with a 3rd rounder in 2016.

all because Buffalo traded 2 conditional 4th round picks in the two trades and only have one 4th rounder to actually trade

wacky

Comment

That's a quite a mess, but if the Eagles end up with a 3rd rounder for Brown, that's a pretty shrewd deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                That's a quite a mess, but if the Eagles end up with a 3rd rounder for Brown, that's a pretty shrewd deal.

I disagree I think they got screwed. Remember trading a future pick is typically 1 round more than it would be in the current draft.Since they traded him during the 2014 draft the 3rd rounder equates to a 5th this year. If they had gotten a 5th would you be happy about the deal?
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                  I disagree I think they got screwed. Remember trading a future pick is typically 1 round more than it would be in the current draft.Since they traded him during the 2014 draft the 3rd rounder equates to a 5th this year. If they had gotten a 5th would you be happy about the deal?
                  Typically?

I disagree with that logic. I get where you're coming from, but to me, a 3rd is a 3rd. It also depends on how deep the draft is. The 2016 draft could be deeper than 2015, which would equal more value.

Comment

Usually when teams work out a trade for picks they say that a future pick is 1 round higher than a current draft pick. So if you wanted to move up in a round for example and it would cost you a 3rd round pick in this year's draft, you would be expected to give up a 2nd if the pick is next year's draft. The difference is that you don't get the benefit of the player for this season. In the case of the Brown trade they lose out on 2 years of service from the player. (Yes I get that you pick that up at the back end, but we're talking about a player currently on your roster, so they don't have Brown for two years before they see his replacement come in.)

Comment

Its Bryce Brown for the love of God, the fact that it could be a 2016 3rd round pick even it winds up a 4th rounder next year is still better than a fifth rounder this year. Really aside from two games what has the guy done? It was a total steal for the Eagles
                      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                        Its Bryce Brown for the love of God, the fact that it could be a 2016 3rd round pick even it winds up a 4th rounder next year is still better than a fifth rounder this year. Really aside from two games what has the guy done? It was a total steal for the Eagles
                        That's the way I see it.

Comment

If he could learn to hold onto the ball he could be a good RB. Of course, it's meaningless at this point. He's gone we have what we have and we're moving on.

Comment

I like Brown a ton, but until he realizes he has GREAT straight ahead speed and average edge speed, he is just an average player. If he ever figures out that he's better up the gut, he has the chance to be very good.
                            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

We got a 3rd or 4th round pick for a 7th rounder who fumbles and was our 4th team rb (Polk moved ahead of him last year). I can't see the fault here.
                              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                              X