Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will we use the pistol Sunday?

Ryan over at The ChipWagon takes a look at the Eagles' use of the pistol:

This brings us full circle back to the Pistol. Is Chip serious with it, and what is the thinking behind it and of what use can it play? If you've been following along, you'll notice that one of the advantage of this pistol is because of the alignment of the running back directly behind the QB, the Eagles are not tipping the defense off on the direction of the run. It can go right or left. This is the same concept as the play against the Packers I highlight with Foles under center. Except, the pistol gives Chip and Nick Foles the luxury to take a snap in the shotgun instead of under center.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Only if we lose.

And I would say yes. I expect several new wrinkles as Chipster continues to modify this offense around the pieces that he has to work with. Bottom line is I expect more speed in the overall execution of the offense, along with trying to catch defenses off guard with mismatches.......which they won't have time to react to. In short, I can't wait to see what he breaks out. Heck, you might see the Fun-n-gun.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised but, as Chip says, big guys beat up little guys so I can see him going straight up against Jax which I don't think is that good of a team. Throughout the year though I see him throwing in wrinkles frequently. I believe Chip knows you have to keep the other guys off their mark.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Shady with 160 on the ground.

Comment

Jax has a nice defense. We need Henne to be Henne for us to cruise.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
          X