Guys that played well today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys that played well today

Just going from memory and watching the game ...

Brandon Graham -- got in the backfield a couple times (stuffed a run, got some pressure). The line didn't generate a ton of pressure overall, but pretty much stopped Jax from running the ball.

Kendricks -- I'm sure he'll be looked at on tape, but seemed to be flying around the field today

Ertz -- couple of nice catches out there

Maclin -- pulled in the GW TD

Sproles -- of course the great TD run, but a few good punt returns to negate long kicks

Parkey -- nailed that 51 yarder and would guess at least half (if not more) of his kickoffs went for touchbacks

Maragos -- a couple nice coverage plays on kickoffs

D Jones -- great day from STs, including the kicks

PR team opened some nice holes, Boykin with some good coverage and some nice ST play. Curry seemed to be active. Cox seemed stoudt vs the run
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Touch backs!!! Touch backs!!!!!!
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Donnie Jones, 6 punts, 5 inside the 20
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
          Touch backs!!! Touch backs!!!!!!
          The STs were pretty special.
          * 51-yd FG
          * 5 touchbacks
          * A couple of long PRs that set up scoring drives. 15.5 yds per PR for the game.
          * A blocked FG by Brandon Bair. Very convenient of the Jags STs to show Oregon bias by letting Bair block that kick and none of the other Eagles.
          * Boykin downed a punt at the 1.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
            PR team opened some nice holes, Boykin with some good coverage and some nice ST play. Curry seemed to be active. Cox seemed stoudt vs the run
            Boykin is the best ballplayer that we have. Shady and Ertz were huge.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

We played well because.....thankfully, Bortles didn't.

Just saying...thank goodness!
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                The STs were pretty special.
                * 51-yd FG
                * 5 touchbacks
                * A couple of long PRs that set up scoring drives. 15.5 yds per PR for the game.
                * A blocked FG by Brandon Bair. Very convenient of the Jags STs to show Oregon bias by letting Bair block that kick and none of the other Eagles.
                * Boykin downed a punt at the 1.
                The special teams really did have an excellent game for all the reasons stated above (plus Donnie Jones putting a number of punts inside the 20 yard line). Even the kickoffs that weren't touchbacks were caught at least 4-5 yards deep in the endzone, and I don't think Jacksonville did too much on any of the kickoffs they did try to return.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
                  The special teams really did have an excellent game for all the reasons stated above (plus Donnie Jones putting a number of punts inside the 20 yard line). Even the kickoffs that weren't touchbacks were caught at least 4-5 yards deep in the endzone, and I don't think Jacksonville did too much on any of the kickoffs they did try to return.
                  I know Maragos had at least one nice tackle short of the 20. Field position for JAX (outside of our turnovers) was pretty bad for them.

Comment

Working...
                  X