No announcement yet.

Eagles @ Packers Game Day Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About 2 days ago, I left a national site because the moderator wouldn't allow this thread to be posted in the Eagles forum. In other words, we weren't allowed to talk about the Packers game until he or she decided when it was time to talk about this game.
    Since I'm new here, I don't wish to offend anyone. (Let me, at least, wait a couple of weeks). Since this is game day, if anyone special is responsible for starting game day threads, then please do.

Just imagine what a victory would do to this town - Super Bowl talk EVERYWHERE.

Comment

Every week there is a GDT, we sometimes go with the HOT person, whoever is on a winning roll. For the most part, it doesn't matter who as long as one gets started. Seems like your pre game thread has morphed into the GDT . Jump on for the ride newbie, and welcome aboard !
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Yeah, as you have probably noticed, the moderation on this board is pretty lax. It's a small community, and most of the posters on this board have been sharing thoughts online for 10+ years. We let most things go, and the only real significant offenses that will draw the ire of the mods is blatant baiting and personal attacks on other members. And being the type of close knit community that this is, that happens extremely infrequently.

As MM said, welcome aboard!
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
            Yeah, as you have probably noticed, the moderation on this board is pretty lax. It's a small community, and most of the posters on this board have been sharing thoughts online for 10+ years. We let most things go, and the only real significant offenses that will draw the ire of the mods is blatant baiting and personal attacks on other members. And being the type of close knit community that this is, that happens extremely infrequently.

As MM said, welcome aboard!
            Thank You. If I had found this site years ago, I would have joined then but for some reason, I never saw it until recently.
            It looks like most of the people here are also my age. Screaming vulgarities at other people is something that I let younger people do. Let's just say that I was approaching 12 when the Phillies missed the World Series in '64.
            Unfortunately, I wasn't following football in '60.

Comment

hell if the Eagles win this week, you can be mayor of EFO for starting the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by John S View Post
                Thank You. If I had found this site years ago, I would have joined then but for some reason, I never saw it until recently.
                It looks like most of the people here are also my age. Screaming vulgarities at other people is something that I let younger people do. Let's just say that I was approaching 12 when the Phillies missed the World Series in '64.
                Unfortunately, I wasn't following football in '60.
                Oh, a real youngster, right 60?

Good to have you here John.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                  Oh, a real youngster, right 60?

Good to have you here John.
                  Damn, John missed the 60 Birds. I think that's the only thing that kept me going all of these years.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

hell, I thought we had some young blood coming in. He's another old fart like 60

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                      hell, I thought we had some young blood coming in. He's another old fart like 60
                      Yup. John has no shot of ever seeing another Lombardi either! BTW, is your back any better?
                      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                        Damn, John missed the 60 Birds.I think that's the only thing that kept me going all of these years.

Well 'that' along with maybe 3 other things:

Comment

was told after the MRI I have arthritis and 2 lumbar are sliding on eachother and I need to lose some weight. I quit those pills and will stick to aspirin and Labatt Blue. I don't want to take anything that could cause internal bleeding and death. Hopefully 1 month at hunting camp will provide enough rest to help. 15-18 hr days for 2 months probably contributed to the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                            Well 'that' along with maybe 3 other things:

reminds me of hunting camp, beer in the mountains

Comment

hey John, what got you to this site, Eagle football or the cheerleader thread ?

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                                hey John, what got you to this site, Eagle football or the cheerleader thread ?
                                Honestly - A REALLY boring answer. I looked up "Philly Sports Forums". I think this site was on page 2 or 3. Instead of being a "Guest", I just signed up - and let the pieces fall where they may. BORING.

Comment

Working...
                                X