8-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8-3

Pretty darned respectful considering where we were 2 years ago. I don' know how far we can go with only having 10 guys on defense (inside ILB) but we'll find out soon enough. Huge showdown Thursday. After GB, I don't know if we can play with the big boys. Then again, are the Cowboys one of the big boys?
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

They damned near lost to the pitiful Giants (Antrel Rolle notwithstanding - they frigging suck!!!). After a nationally televised game that took a lot for them to win and a short week I think we have a decent chance. It's going to come down to two things: 1. Sanchez protecting the ball
    2. How well the girls defense is able to handle the Eagles fast pace and the mix-it-up offense.

I don't have a good feeling abut this game (mostly because of Sanchez willingness to give away the ball a couple of times each game) but I want to believe that we are back on track. Guess we'll find out in about 80 hours.....
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I am, as always, most worried about our defense. Dealing with Mutrray, Dez, Witten, etc....gonna be a tough matchup for this group. I can't see us holding Dallas under 30.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
        I am, as always, most worried about our defense. Dealing with Mutrray, Dez, Witten, etc....gonna be a tough matchup for this group. I can't see us holding Dallas under 30.
        Yup. I think we see a game like last night's Giant game. I hope we come out on top.

Comment

Teams have statement games where they show they are legit. I think the girls did that last night with that comeback (even though the giants aren't much). Green Bay showed that against the Eagles. Now it is time for the Eagles to show the league that they are legit by spanking the Cowboys.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Spanking? Now that would be something. I'll be thrilled with even the ugliest win of the narrowest margin.

However, if you can arrange for that spanking, I would be much obliged. My turkey will taste a heck of a lot better(I fear it will taste like crow)
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I may be in the minority, but I think the formula for beating Dallas is pretty simple and thus I'm not concerned...

Stop the run: top priority, force Romo to have to win the game and pressure him up the middle while playing contain especially on the right side where he rolls most. Force him left and sack his ass - he'll give up a fumble or throw the ball up for grabs at least once.

Offense must be consistent and score 30+, we need to get a lead and keep adding to it...the Dallas D is mediocre and we should, if Chip sticks with a balanced attack, be able to drive them nuts...Sanchez must take care of the ball as we saw with Eli last night those turnovers turn games around and kill us...

ST will need to make another play, be it a turnover or return or blocked kick...something we can take advantage of to score.
              Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Saying to "Stop the Run" against Dallas is easier said than done these days. Murray is looking Emmitt-esque as much as it pains me to say it. All teams are trying to stuff the run without a lot of success.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                  Spanking? ....if you can arrange for that spanking, I would be much obliged.
                  Why do I think this is not the first time you've made this request?
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

This will give the Eagles the chance to prove that they ARE legit. So far the have beaten the teams they should have but have been unable to win when playing the "better" teams in the league. This has been the worry for me.

Thursday will be telling, IMO, maybe even season defining.
                    Frankly I will be surprised, not shocked, if the Eagles can win this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas View Post
                      I may be in the minority, but I think the formula for beating Dallas is pretty simple and thus I'm not concerned...
                      Originally posted by Vote for Kalas View Post

Stop the run: top priority, force Romo to have to win the game and pressure him up the middle while playing contain especially on the right side where he rolls most. Force him left and sack his ass - he'll give up a fumble or throw the ball up for grabs at least once.

Offense must be consistent and score 30+, we need to get a lead and keep adding to it...the Dallas D is mediocre and we should, if Chip sticks with a balanced attack, be able to drive them nuts...Sanchez must take care of the ball as we saw with Eli last night those turnovers turn games around and kill us...

ST will need to make another play, be it a turnover or return or blocked kick...something we can take advantage of to score.
                      Of course the formula is simple VF. Implementing it is the hard part! If you think Romeo turns it over, have you seen our guy? Do we have a receiver who can start for them? Maybe Maclin, but the rest are way outclassed.

Comment

LOL---- It's all about execution!!

Comment

[QUOTE=MDFAN;257000]LOL---- It's all about execution!![/QUOTE]

The Cowboys? I'm all for it!

Comment

8-3 is 8-3. Even more impressive given the relatively average QB play this year.

Comment

8-3 is 8-3 . This game is setup for them to lose. Lets face it short week, in Dallas just doesn't set up well for us to win. If we do win this team is a serious Super Bowl contender if we don't win but we win against Seattle and beat Dallas here, then we are a serious super bowl contender. Win 2 of the next three and we make it to the dance, win one and its just against Seattle we might not make the playoffs. Lose all three and we can start talking about free agency and the draft.
                              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Working...
                              X