Cowboys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboys

If they make a run in the playoffs and (gulp) win it all I am going to jump off a bridge. All those years dominating this division and we couldn't win one. They ride Dez and Murray to a title. Please football Gods no.

If they go 12-4 there is a chance they get home field throughout I think.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

It really is ridiculous. How did they get so good on defense?
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
      If they make a run in the playoffs and (gulp) win it all I am going to jump off a bridge. All those years dominating this division and we couldn't win one. They ride Dez and Murray to a title. Please football Gods no.

If they go 12-4 there is a chance they get home field throughout I think.
      This is my worst nightmare. I will have to abstain from all sports shows indefinitely if it happens.

What is most distressing is the fact that when the Eagles came back from the 21-0 deficit last Sunday to take a 24-21, Dallas was on it's heels and was there for the taking if the D had held them on the following drive. Dallas season would have been over!

But Bill Davis and the worst secondary in the NFL had other plans. Dallas moves right down the field for a go ahead score followed by Sanchez crushing pick on the following Eagles possession... and the Birds season was essentially over.

The Washington game just confirmed what was preordained when Davis insisted on singling Bryant.

Kill me!

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
        Marinelli

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
          I don't think they're good on defense. Indy, who had already clinched was demoralized by 2 plays early:

- The incredibly chicken shit 'Unsportsmanlike Conduct' when the Colts had stoned Dallas on their 1st drive;
          - Then Pagano calls fake punt and the wide open receiver drops the 1st down pass and Dallas has a 1st down on the Indy 35.

Dallas scores, and I think at least some of the Colt players went through the motions from there on.

Comment

Seattle looks like they are going to beat Arizona (its 28-6). For Dallas to earn a 1st round bye, Seattle must lose to the Rams in Seattle next week.

Dallas will probably end up 12-4 and have to play a first round game. Justice will be served.

Dallas is not good enough to get past a first round matchup, then win in both Green Bay and Seattle.

Comment

Let's hear it for Colt McCoy and the Deadskins beating the Cowgirls at home then. And, yes, our Eagles.
              "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
              — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
              - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

I hate Dallas almost as much as I love the Eagles. If they make it to the Super Bowl I won't watch. Won't listen. Won't want to know anything about it. I will be in full and complete denial otherwise I'd be on that bridge with AW. Dallas beating Seattle may be the catalyst the Seahags need to come out with a chip on their shoulders and dominate and humiliate the cowpukes. That is probably the only game I'll watch that involves the girls. I just can't take looking at Skeletor's smirking grin during the games anymore.
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

The Cowboys playoff seed/first round bye scenarios are as follows:

#1 seed
                  *Cowboys win
                  *Lions/Packers tie
                  *(Seahawks win OR Cardinals loss) or Seahawks loss AND Cardinals loss

#2 seed
                  *Seahawks loss AND Cardinals loss (if Lions/Packers doesn't end in a tie)
                  OR
                  *Cowboys win
                  *Lions/Packers tie
                  *Seahawks loss AND Cardinals win

Remaining schedules:
                  Dallas: at Washington
                  Detroit: at Green Bay
                  Green Bay: vs Detroit
                  Seattle: vs St. Louis
                  Arizona: at San Francisco

The Cowboys lose two-way tiebreakers with Green Bay (conference record), Detroit (conference record), and Arizona (head-to-head) and win a two-way tiebreaker with Seattle (head-to-head). They lose three-way tiebreakers with Detroit/Green Bay (NFC North champ) and Seattle/Arizona (NFC West champ) on conference record.

Ironically, because of how the tiebreakers play themselves out and the fact the Lions and Packers are playing each other in Week 17, the Cowboys have very little control over their seed (and their game against Washington is almost meaningless to them); they need a Lions/Packers tie to have any chance at the #1 seed, and need to finish in a 2-way tie with Seattle or ahead of both Seattle and Arizona to get a bye (which can only occur if Lions/Packers finishes in a tie and either the Cowboys and Seahawks both win or if the Seahawks and Cardinals both lose).
                  Last edited by CHIP72; 12-22-2014, 11:05 AM.

Comment

I know one thing. Detroit will beat nobody on the road. And I doubt if anybody beats GB at home. I think Dallas has an excellent team but is still a little behind GB and Seattle. Shit, the Giants looked great yesterday. How did things fall apart so fast for us? I think those bastards from NY will spank us too on Sunday.
                    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Dallas D is not SuperBowl caliber

their ST's and offense are though

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                        Dallas D is not SuperBowl caliber

their ST's and offense are though
                        I agree Dawk, but the way the zebras throw flags around these days anything can happen.
                        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

*Eagles lose to the Redskins (in a game I attended), eliminated from playoff contention
                            *Cowboys win, clinch division title
                            *Steelers win, clinch playoff spot

This was not a good weekend for me sports-wise. At least most of the college basketball teams I follow won on Saturday, and 76ers did show they can win occasionally.

Comment

Working...
                            X