(Different) Trouble Brewing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Different) Trouble Brewing?

1. Chip Kelly has a problem and it may be in the locker room. His decision to release DeSean Jackson and bring back Riley Cooper was never going to please every player on the team. Kelly obviously knew that. But it certainly raised eyebrows from a certain faction of the locker room and in recent weeks there have increasingly been murmurs from several players about the decision. The way the Eagles lost on Saturday, with Jackson delivering daggers to the defense, prompted two players to lament his absence to me. “And then [Jackson] burns us,” one starter said. “That hurt because you think, ‘Damn, he should be on our team. Why he isn’t he on our team?’” Another player: “I miss him. We miss him. … It was a mistake.” There are others, but they’re unwilling to go on the record for obvious reasons. Jackson said after the game that some of his former teammates were telling him as much even during the game. “They constantly tell me how much they miss me and they wish I was still there, but that’s a decision they chose to make in the front office.” Let’s be clear: It was Kelly’s choice. Right or wrong, it’s had ramifications in the locker room. It’s unclear if it will fester.
    Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/s...3ujsfKjMWC5.99

This is lesean running his mouth I think. Or Cary Williams. I am fully prepared to move on without both of them next year.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

This isn't about Lesean, or Cary or anyone else. If Desean was still on our team, then next Sunday is a meaningful game. That I will bet the house on. Who gives a crap about anything else?
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

That's a natural reaction. Hey, I can't stand the little asshole but found myself feeling the same way. But I guess that I'm old school. And if another guy on the team can't figure out why that stupid little turd is gone than I guess that they should hit the road too. The little prick lit the birds up twice because he was all fired up. The other games that he didn't play well he blamed his teammates, coaches and QB. I'll be the first guy to admit that we need a talent like his, just not him.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
          This isn't about Lesean, or Cary or anyone else. If Desean was still on our team, then next Sunday is a meaningful game. That I will bet the house on. Who gives a crap about anything else?
          What is the statute of limitations on "if Desean were still here . . . "?
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
            What is the statute of limitations on "if Desean were still here . . . "?
            12 months? I at least get until the end of the season.
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
              12 months? I at least get until the end of the season.
              You may have 12 months, but I've got a feeling the media will turn it into another Farve situation, esp if Washington comes around. Unless of course he gets tossed out of there too. That's kind of unlikely though because they've put up with that jerk Santana Moss all these years.

Comment

I agree it sounds like McCoy certainly and maybe Williams. I'm sure there are others who have the same feelings.
                My question to those players (and to the board because those players aren't here) is whether the coach gets to have his players. The players the coach wants to go forward with. It is a front office decision IMO and the players may not like it but they live with it (as does everyone) or move on when your contract is up. Hell I would like to have the talent of Jackson, owens, and dez lined up together but I don't so I go with the players who are here.
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
                  I agree it sounds like McCoy certainly and maybe Williams. I'm sure there are others who have the same feelings.
                  My question to those players (and to the board because those players aren't here) is whether the coach gets to have his players. The players the coach wants to go forward with. It is a front office decision IMO and the players may not like it but they live with it (as does everyone) or move on when your contract is up. Hell I would like to have the talent of Jackson, owens, and dez lined up together but I don't so I go with the players who are here.
                  Holy shit. You'd end up like Richard Dryness in "What about Bob"!!

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                    This is lesean running his mouth I think. Or Cary Williams. I am fully prepared to move on without both of them next year.
                    Or, it's just typical BS from sports "journalists" who have to write SOMETHING ever day that gets people to pay attention to their "story" so they can keep their jobs.

No doubt that the players questioned the decision just like everyone on this board, but saying that Chip Kelly could be losing the locker room just because Jackson caught some passes against Bradley Fletcher (as did every other receiver he's had to cover) is really just needless speculation, written just to stir the pot.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                      Or, it's just typical BS from sports "journalists" who have to write SOMETHING ever day that gets people to pay attention to their "story" so they can keep their jobs.

No doubt that the players questioned the decision just like everyone on this board, but saying that Chip Kelly could be losing the locker room just because Jackson caught some passes against Bradley Fletcher (as did every other receiver he's had to cover) is really just needless speculation, written just to stir the pot.
                      Good observation there Chris.

Comment

This is totally understandable when viewed through the prism of Saturday's result. I wouldn't have expected anything else. That said, it may not be a rift developing. Just some second-guessing and wondering about what might have been.

I also tend to think that McCoy and Williams may have made the comments. I also think that Kendricks may feel likewise, since he is a Cal alum and seemed to have a feel for where Jackson was coming from. If one were to read Kendricks' comments in the immediate aftermath it may give the reader the same impression when today's comments are put in that context.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post

QFT. That article is complete bullshit.
                          "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

I, only my own personal take, find it sooooo funny how people vacillate between "where there is smoke there is fire" and "it's just the media trying to fill space" .

My permanent stance is always (has always been) that unless it's a fact--- it's "probably" the media creating crap. But it brings a chuckle on when people decide something is bullshit or real based on what they want it to be.

Again not attacking anyone, or anyone's right to have a POV, just an observation on Philly fans and probably human nature I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                              I, only my own personal take, find it sooooo funny how people vacillate between "where there is smoke there is fire" and "it's just the media trying to fill space" .

My permanent stance is always (has always been) that unless it's a fact--- it's "probably" the media creating crap. But it brings a chuckle on when people decide something is bullshit or real based on what they want it to be.

Again not attacking anyone, or anyone's right to have a POV, just an observation on Philly fans and probably human nature I guess.
                              I've been of the opinion that 95% of what you read in sports media is just stirring the pot. People eat that shit up. That's why WIP will forever be in business. And since the dawn of the Internet (and free news), it's only gotten worse because it now requires paid journalists to be even more over-the-top than they were before.

It's also why I don't read much of the paper (or the National sports news internet sites). My Eagles news comes almost exclusively from Bleeding Green Nation since they have no reason to sensationalize everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X