Black Monday Arrives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
    Yeah, I guess the ownership change and uncertainty about the team were the primary catalyst. Frank Reich is likely the replacement. BTW, Jim Haslet was let go as well.
    that's pretty cool, I like Reich, good guy. I watched him play football and baseball, was a couple years ahead of me. He could pound a baseball.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Ooops

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
      Sounds like the Jets are interested.

Source: Marrone's Jets interview did not go well

Not only was the former Bills coach ripped by one of his old assistants at Syracuse, but CBS reported Monday that Marrone’s interview with the Jets on Saturday did not go well, Seth Walder of the New York Daily News reports.

“Marrone failed to close the deal in his interview,” a league source said regarding the report. “Considering he was a (supposed) front-runner, it appears Woody Johnson is doing his due diligence and considering more people.”

The Jets have continued their search for a head coach after interviewing Marrone. The team will interview Chargers offensive coordinator Frank Reich and Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles Wednesday, according to sources. They interviewed Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, who could be the hottest coaching candidate on the market, last weekend.

But Saturday’s interview was only part of the bad news for Marrone. In the days since he opted out of his contract with the Bills, complaints have emerged about the former Buffalo coach, and now one of his old assistants at Syracuse has shredded him publicly.

Bob Casullo was Marrone’s assistant head coach with the Orange in 2009 and part of 2010 and on Monday trashed his former boss on the radio.

“Self-centered, selfish, greedy,” was how Casullo described Marrone on ESPN Syracuse. “You’re re-shuffling an egomaniac, less than .500 coach.”

Casullo was the assistant head coach at the start of Marrone’s tenure, but that ended abruptly in November 2010 when Marrone announced that the school had “parted ways” with the assistant. At the time, the Orange still had one more regular season game remaining.

Marrone and Casullo also worked together for one year with the Jets in 2004, when Marrone was the offensive line coach and Casullo was the tight ends coach. Prior to that they had overlapped while coaching at Georgia Tech, and Casullo was actually an assistant when Marrone played at Syracuse.

The former Bills coach was immediately linked to the Jets upon opting out of his contract with Buffalo on New Year’s Eve, and later that evening Johnson confirmed the team’s interest in him to The News.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

couldn't happen to a better guy sounds like. be a great fit in Oakland maybe
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Working...
        X