Eagles announce changes in FO structure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
    Yes. This is an NFL Franchise. Unless is the most dysfunctional one in the history of the sport, Howie Roseman can't just fire Tom Gamble without Chip and Jeff Lurie being able to have a say in it before it happens. And today's news indicates this is true. Chip knew about Tom getting fired, and didn't put up a fight about it. So again, all of the noise that led up to the FO restructuring was obviously just media fabricated drama.
    No you are wrong.... every time some writer sez he got info from an unnamed source or doesn't even bother to say that but makes something sound factual ---- it is! By the time that "theory" circulates it has become a fact.

Comment

Yes. This is an NFL Franchise. Unless is the most dysfunctional one in the history of the sport, Howie Roseman can't just fire Tom Gamble without Chip and Jeff Lurie being able to have a say in it before it happens. And today's news indicates this is true. Chip knew about Tom getting fired, and didn't put up a fight about it. So again, all of the noise that led up to the FO restructuring was obviously just media fabricated drama.
      I'm not saying that Chip didn't know about it. But he probably didn't like it and simply couldn't save Gamble.

Maybe Lurie also didn't like Gamble and so Chip knew it was a lost cause. But Chip got pissed and made his move. And he won.

That's the simplest and most plausible explanation. It was a chess game. Howie took out Chip's queen but Chip won the game.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
        I'm not saying that Chip didn't know about it. But he probably didn't like it and simply couldn't save Gamble.

Maybe Lurie also didn't like Gamble and so Chip knew it was a lost cause. But Chip got pissed and made his move. And he won.

That's the simplest and most plausible explanation. It was a chess game. Howie took out Chip's queen but Chip won the game.
        If that's really how this played out then the Eagles are truly dysfunctional.

I find it hard to believe, knowing what we know about Jeff Lurie, that he would run an organization based on upper-management "chess moves" to out-position each other at the top.

Seriously, if that's how things are run, and that's the mentality that Roseman and/or Chip Kelly have, this team is doomed.

Comment

I find it hard to believe, knowing what we know about Jeff Lurie, that he would run an organization based on upper-management "chess moves" to out-position each other at the top.

Seriously, if that's how things are run, and that's the mentality that Roseman and/or Chip Kelly have, this team is doomed.
          It's not run that way.

This isn't the first time a Lurie head coach wanted personnel control. He did the same with Reid and Heckert.

The biggest, and I think the most important difference between Reid and Kelly is that because Kelly was a college Head Coach and has experience in building both sides of the ball

Comment

What exactly is Jeff known for that he's such a shrewd businessman? He rode the NFL wave to a very successful business. And good for him. He spotted an opportunity and made the right investment. But it's not like he founded Google or he's Jack Welch. Even CEOs make big mistakes. Hell this stuff happens even at Google at GE.

The timing and the released statements point to how this all went down.

Comment

What exactly is Jeff known for that he's such a shrewd businessman? He rode the NFL wave to a very successful business. And good for him. He spotted an opportunity and made the right investment. But it's not like he founded Google or he's Jack Welch. Even CEOs make big mistakes. Hell this stuff happens even at Google at GE.

The timing and the released statements point to how this all went down.
              Enjoy the drama then I guess. I just find it all hard to believe. We'll never know who's right.

Comment

Silly. It is so obvious how the majority of this went down, but aparently the blind faith of some makes them oblivious to it.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                  Silly. It is so obvious how the majority of this went down, but aparently the blind faith of some makes them oblivious to it.
                  Exactly. The team had to make changes after screwing up a huge opportunity this year. Gamble was the fall guy. The rest was organizational changes which make sense based on what we know. Howie is a good cap and contracts guy. Kelly is a good football guy. The End. I don't know why many people's blind faith in the media makes them want to believe there's got to be drama built in to each and every thing that happens in life.

Comment

the one thing i keep hearing is football guy vs non football guy. How is Howie not a football guy? He has been in the GM rolefor 5 years, how long does he have to be in that role to be considered a football guy? Just curious. Its not like the last few drafts and free agency have been busts. They have got alot of quality talent in both free agency and the draft as well as making some screwd trades like the Sproles and Parkey trade.

So what exactly was broke with the structure that this had to change. What was broke was Chip is a control freak and wanted full control. I have no doubt that was the crux of the issue here. Howie was fighting it off because that is not the struture of the org but Chip won out because Jeffrey paniced.
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Bottom line....Lurie, Smolenski, Roseman, & Kelly are the only ones who know exactly what went down, what was said, and why it was said. They aren't leaking a damn thing. The best any reporter will get from a source is one of them is walking around sour grapes or somebody has been pissy the last few weeks etc etc. Ultimately left fabricating a storyline.

The only thing that matters is the result...do we see a better product on the field next year? We will have to wait to answer that question

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                        the one thing i keep hearing is football guy vs non football guy. How is Howie not a football guy? He has been in the GM rolefor 5 years, how long does he have to be in that role to be considered a football guy? Just curious. Its not like the last few drafts and free agency have been busts. They have got alot of quality talent in both free agency and the draft as well as making some screwd trades like the Sproles and Parkey trade.

So what exactly was broke with the structure that this had to change. What was broke was Chip is a control freak and wanted full control. I have no doubt that was the crux of the issue here. Howie was fighting it off because that is not the struture of the org but Chip won out because Jeffrey paniced.
                        To think everything is hunky-dory around the FO these days is ludicrous. A guy got fired and the GM got turned back into an errand boy. At $1.7 million a year that ain't too shabby, but I'm sure he's both embarrassed and pissed off. I'm fine with Chip being in control. I'm sure whoever is brought in will be mostly in charge. But The ferret is pissed that it's somebody else other than him. Either Chip doesn't trust him or simply doesn't like the little twerp I don't know.
                        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

It was a chess game. Howie took out Chip's queen but Chip won the game.

Did you just call Tom Gamble a 'Queen'?

Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                            To think everything is hunky-dory around the FO these days is ludicrous. A guy got fired and the GM got turned back into an errand boy. At $1.7 million a year that ain't too shabby, but I'm sure he's both embarrassed and pissed off. I'm fine with Chip being in control. I'm sure whoever is brought in will be mostly in charge. But The ferret is pissed that it's somebody else other than him. Either Chip doesn't trust him or simply doesn't like the little twerp I don't know.
                            So its obvious you didn't like Howie, I neither liked or disliked him. I just looked at the last two years and this team has brought in a ton of talent, have they missed on some sure but they have more hits than misses. I don't know if it was Howie, Chip , Gamble Donohue etc who was responsible for it, but I didn't see it as being broke. How this all went down is interesting and shouldn't be happening in a winning organization. Personally the team should be first and foremost and this move was made not for the team but to stroke personalities.
                            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                              So its obvious you didn't like Howie, I neither liked or disliked him. I just looked at the last two years and this team has brought in a ton of talent, have they missed on some sure but they have more hits than misses. I don't know if it was Howie, Chip , Gamble Donohue etc who was responsible for it, but I didn't see it as being broke. How this all went down is interesting and shouldn't be happening in a winning organization. Personally the team should be first and foremost and this move was made not for the team but to stroke personalities.
                              I agree taz But who pushed for it? That's the big question? Dunno. But my real point was to those who accused us and the media as being drama queens. Sorry fellas, but there was and still is a lot of drama there. As to who's side everyone is on, I'll throw in with Chip. I'm confident in him. He doesn't strike me in the least as a guy who needs to be stroked. On the other hand, I'd love him in my foxhole if things came to that.
                              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                              X