OT-- Flyers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT-- Flyers

High hopes for the Flyers with Dave Hakstol. He is taking a big leap from the NCAA to NHL but he is a high end coach who gets winning results. As with Chip we will see if he can do it with pro athletes
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

I give the Flyers credit, they didn't recycle some NHL oldtimer. The team is fairly young and about to bring even more youngsters up. It's a good time to bring in a college coach and let him grow with the players.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I miss the pre-salary cap era Flyers, because they could outspend most teams to remain competitive. The post-cap Flyers have been OK. But, they are just not the dominant franchise they once were.

Comment

Ah just wait Pliny; Hakstol will have them in the hunt in two years
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
          Ah just wait Pliny; Hakstol will have them in the hunt in two years
          I hope your right. It's weird not having Flyers playoff hockey.

I am glad that we have Hexy here calling the shots.

Comment

Working...
          X