Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screw this-FOOTBALL IS OUR GAME!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Screw this-FOOTBALL IS OUR GAME!!!

    Goodell mentions Germany, Mexico for possible games



    A future regular-season NFL game in Mexico or Germany was discussed by NFL owners Wednesday, the Associated Press reports.

    Commissioner Roger Goodell said both countries have reached out about hosting games, and there is "renewed interest" among the owners. The league is intent on expanding its international series, and it will have three games in London this season for the second straight year.

    Arizona hosted San Francisco in Mexico City in 2005, drawing a record crowd of 103,467 for a regular-season game.

    There have been five preseason matches played in Germany, none since 1994.

    Goodell also says Rio de Janeiro has shown interest in staging a Pro Bowl.

    The commissioner cites the "passion for our game and taking it to another level" for the league pursuing more international matches.

    There is speculation that any game in Mexico would be played in Monterrey or Guadalajara, not Mexico City. Azteca is the biggest stadium in the country.

    However, the iconic ballpark that has hosted two World Cups needs major renovations to bring it closer to the level of the newest stadiums in Mexico such as Omnilife in Guadalajara, or the new BBVA Stadium in Monterrey.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

  • #2
    If hey want to stage a pro bowl there, fine. But regular season. Meaningful games? Hell no!
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

    Comment


    • #3
      The NFL is like a giant vacuum ready to suck up currency in any form.
      "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann



      Comment


      • #4
        LOL, I have been telling y'all for years upon years --- this isn't some game.... it's big business. It's the entertainment business. Just like GM or MGM or Apple---- it's a business first!.

        This is the way it has been for 20+ years and it will continue for at least the foreseeable future. It's about MONEY, not about players or fans or cities or loyalties.................................$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

        Fans need to wake up and understand this.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
          LOL, I have been telling y'all for years upon years --- this isn't some game.... it's big business. It's the entertainment business. Just like GM or MGM or Apple---- it's a business first!.

          This is the way it has been for 20+ years and it will continue for at least the foreseeable future. It's about MONEY, not about players or fans or cities or loyalties.................................$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

          Fans need to wake up and understand this.
          Nobody is arguing with you MD! If they want a Pro Bowl fine. Anything else is a joke including the London crap.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

          Comment


          • #6
            That's all well and good, but I am not just watching for the general entertainment value. I'll find something else to do with my time. For me, as a FAN, it is about allegiance and loyalty, etc. If the league kills that.....it DIES.
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

            Comment


            • #7
              I wholeheartedly agree it is about big business and money (as are all greedy bastards in the US) BUT as a fan I hate it. I hate games in London and will hate games in Germany. If they want to have that European League they had a few years ago I have no problem. If they want to have Arena football that is fine. I just have no desire to water down the talent or expand the program. I agree with whoever said it is an American game.
              But I know he is gonig to do whatever he wants to keep the coffers overflowing--I just don't have to like it.
              "Don't look between the lines for stuff that isn't there" Schwartz
              RIP

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                Nobody is arguing with you MD! If they want a Pro Bowl fine. Anything else is a joke including the London crap.
                Yeah, I really think many are. Or posts and comments and the NFL and money keep appearing.

                As a fan I hate what this league has turned into... I get it, most of you do also....... but it IS the world we now live in. It used to be sport, then they tried to build a business and to do that they cultivated fans, and loyalties and rivalries ---- but now the ONLY thing that matters is the bottom line for the big investors.

                But some of these posts sound surprised every time the NFL does something that looks for ways to line their coffers and protect their business. They have branded now and the fans are basically irrelevant to them.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I totally get that it's all about money. My problem is with fans paying thousands of dollars for PSLs and season tickets to see only 8 home games a season. Then, the NFL wants to take one of those games and play it abroad. That sucks. Pure and simple. Let them play some preseason games overseas.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                    I totally get that it's all about money. My problem is with fans paying thousands of dollars for PSLs and season tickets to see only 8 home games a season. Then, the NFL wants to take one of those games and play it abroad. That sucks. Pure and simple. Let them play some preseason games overseas.


                    That's the ticket! Of course nobody would show up over there either!
                    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X