Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most frustrating part of all the moves...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most frustrating part of all the moves...

Is that this is year 3 of the Chip show and we're starting all over. I liked all of the moves Chip made for the most part this offseason, but this stuff takes time to gel. Mathis being a jerk isn't helping. If they trade him for a late round pick I'll be bullshit. To me it's like we totally switched gears out of thin air. Don't get me wrong. I agree with it, but living through it might not be much fun. Undlin just might be the best decision of the bunch. I guess we'll know more in a few months.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Yeah, that is the hard part. We have a new QB, top WR, and top RB in the same offseason. There has not been the chance to grow any fond memories, and it could take time to come together. Chip tried to see if he could win with who was here, and he did pretty well, but maybe we need to take a step back to get better (and hopefully that step back doesn't last the whole season). Maybe it was simply the QB availability that drove everything.

Comment

Everyone is saying that things are going smoothly and it's as if these guys have been here a while. Maybe the transition won' t be so bad. Don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff.
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

From what I saw last year, I don't think we were ever going to the Super Bowl with Nick Foles as our QB. Evidently, Chip didn't think so either. Whether Sam Bradford is the answer remains to be seen - and that is the biggest worry heading into this season. However, Chip is very innovative on the offensive side, and we have a very strong running game which pleases me immensely. We should be able to score some points.

We definitely strengthened our defense, and defenses win championships.

So, I'm feeling pretty optimistic about our chances this year. Fair Oaks is right - sometimes you have to take a step backwards in order to move forward.
        "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

The waiting sucks. I want to see these guys play and see what they can do but we have the entire summer to wait through....
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

the funny thing is.....we would have won a few more games if the defensive backfield wasn't so brutal. heck, we almost blew the Rams game and the Titans game against crap QB's.

we scored 29.6 a game and gave up 25.0 I'm OK if the O production drops a bit and we score 24 a game and improve the TOP, while the D improves and allows 20

The D holds as much of the key to this season as the O does.

Comment

Agree, the defense has to step up. The O can put up points. I really look forward to seeing a more mature Jordan Mathews and a better prepared Huff along with one of my favorites in Ertz. Add in Demarco M, Sproles, et al and this should be a potent crew.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

I'm not sure how anyone can think anything positive about the offense at this point. We don't know anything about Bradford and how he'll fit into this system or how he'll rebound from his injury. There are a TON of questions around this offense that we didn't have last year. I like Chip but I'm not willing to let him completely dismantle the team without calling him on it. If we take a step back in offense this year it's 100% on him. I can live with the Shady trade but I'm still concerned about giving up on Foles for a rehab-project in Bradford. I hope he proves me wrong but as I sit here now I have a lot of doubts about Sammy B.
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                  I'm not sure how anyone can think anything positive about the offense at this point. We don't know anything about Bradford and how he'll fit into this system or how he'll rebound from his injury. There are a TON of questions around this offense that we didn't have last year. I like Chip but I'm not willing to let him completely dismantle the team without calling him on it. If we take a step back in offense this year it's 100% on him. I can live with the Shady trade but I'm still concerned about giving up on Foles for a rehab-project in Bradford. I hope he proves me wrong but as I sit here now I have a lot of doubts about Sammy B.
                  Juke, I think Sanchez is as good as Foles. Bradford can only help us.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I'm excited about the small chance we can play a bit of ball control. An improved defense can only be better with the ball in a RBs hands running down the clock.
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                    X