No announcement yet.

Eagles Release Mathis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mathis will make less money than he would with the Eagles I bet. So in the end... Isn't the joke on him.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
      Mathis will make less money than he would with the Eagles I bet. So in the end... Isn't the joke on him.
      Ultimately the joke is on us AW. It always is, we're Eagle fans.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

It would not surprise me if Mathis finds comparable money elsewhere. Ultimately, I don't care. I care about the quality and depth of OUR Oline. It just took a step down...unless we pull off some kind of trade for Josh Sitton.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
          It would not surprise me if Mathis finds comparable money elsewhere. Ultimately, I don't care. I care about the quality and depth of OUR Oline. It just took a step down...unless we pull off some kind of trade for Josh Sitton.
          Who is Sitton and what's going on?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            Who is Sitton and what's going on?
            He's a very decent guard for Green Bay with around 7 years in the NFL.

Maybe Fresh will share why he thinks Sitton might be available via trade.

Rumor has it he's kinda on the wild side. When he meets a young woman for the 1st
            time he's been known to launch into a tale about the origin of his name...
            "Hi! I'm Josh Sitton. Sitton is actually a shortened version of the old Irish
            family name which is long and hard to pronounce.
            In the original Celtic you would say, 'Josh Sittonmafaece'."

Comment

I mention Sitton simply because he is possibly the only guard in the league rated more highly than Mathis......thus, upgrade.
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I mention Sitton simply because he is possibly the only guard in the league rated more highly than Mathis......thus, upgrade.
                Shit, if that's what we're doing let's trade for Luck instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                  Shit, if that's what we're doing let's trade for Luck instead.
                  To play left guard or right?

Comment

Birds 24/7--Herremans: Mathis Brought It On Himself

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/20...-upon-himself/

Todd Herremans joined 97.5 The Fanatic Friday and weighed in on the Eagles’ decision to release Evan Mathis.

“I think it’s very unfortunate how it all went down,” he said. “I think it’s tough not to add any offensive linemen and then get rid of both of your starting guards in one offseason. But Chip’s got a plan — nobody knows what it is (chuckles) — but he’s got a plan and he’s putting it into action.

"I think it's kind of unfortunate for Evan. I think he kind of brought it upon himself, though, by not showing up. We expect them to stick to the contract that they offer us, that they sign us to, and they expect us to do the same. If you're going to violate some of the things that are expected out of you then you have to be able to deal with what comes next."

Mathis didn't technically violate anything contractually, though. The spring workouts that he decided to stay away from this offseason were voluntary. Mathis said that he planned on attending next week's mandatory minicamp.

"[Chip Kelly's] main goal is to get everybody on his roster that wants the same thing, and the way that he looks at it is if you're not here during the voluntary stuff when all your teammates are trying to work together to win, then that means that you don't want the same thing that everybody else does, that you don't want to win. You want money, you don't want to win," said Herremans, now a member of the Colts. "Which isn't true. I know that Evan wasn't happy with his contract, but he also wants to win. And he's a monster in the gym so I know he was working out keeping himself in shape."

Herremans believes Mathis would have been a professional if he reported and wouldn't have been a distraction.

Even so, Herremans believes everyone should allow all of this to play out before making full judgment on Kelly.

"I really, honestly, deep down think that the Eagles are going to have a good season. I think they're going to have a winning season," he said. "They may make the playoffs. I know there's been a lot of changes and everybody's questioning and stuff like that, but I really think you should just sit there and let Chip do what he's going to do and then see what the final product is because there is no sense in judging it until it's all done."

Comment

Seriously, fuck Mathis

Jason Peters And Zach Ertz Kick Evan Mathis To The Curb

Posted by GarryCobb BREAKING NEWS, Eagles, News, Offensive Line Wednesday, June 10th, 2015

EAGL19-KNobody was shocked when Chip Kelly went after Evan Mathis for not showing up to the OTA workouts. Kelly got on him a number of times and he moved veteran Allen Barbre into his left guard position rather than young Matt Tobin as a signal that they’re ready to play without him.

That was Kelly, but now the players are taking Kelly’s side against Mathis. The guy who has played next to Mathis for three years has abandoned him. When Eagles Pro Bowl left tackle Jason Peters was asked if he would miss Peters if he doesn’t show up for the mandatory workouts later this month, he had a shocking reply.

“No, not really,” Peters said in the Nova Care Complex hallway. “I’ve been playing beside different guys every year, so it doesn’t really matter who’s beside me to get the chemistry with them, and then get ready for the season.

“We’ve got a group of guys out there putting in work who have been here since April. Right now Allen Barbre is the starter. Don’t know if Evan shows up, he’ll get his spot back, I don’t know.”

Prior to that and right after the team’s practice yesterday, young tight end Zach Ertz, who normally says only positives about his teammates didn’t have good things to say about Mathis.

“If you go against Chip,” Ertz said to a group of reporters after practice yesterday, “I’ve think we seen … if you don’t buy in, we’ve seen what happens. Not to say that as a threat in any way, but we want guys that love the process each and every day, whether it’s June 1 or January 1 or February 6, whatever day the Super Bowl is. We need guys that are going to come in each and every day and work and I think that’s what we’re building right now.”
                      I don’t know where Evan Mathis is going to play this year but I don’t think it’s going to be in Philadelphia.

Comment

Ertz spelled it out pretty darned well.

Comment

Ertz spelled it out pretty darned well.
                          I think it's important to note that these comments were made before Mathis got cut. His teammates were fed up with him. You've heard about the "Patriot Way" for years now. That's what Chip is striving for. Now all that we need is a Brady to fill it out.

Comment

Working...
                          X