X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injury update

Eagles Notes: Kelly’s Injury Updates

By Tucker Bagley | August 8, 2015 at 12:04 pm

Chip Kelly kicked off today’s practice with an update on the Eagles that are currently injured. Here’s a rundown of what he had to say about them and his reaction to a former Eagle getting a new deal.
    •Kelly said that linebacker Kiko Alonso suffered his concussion on Tuesday when the team held open practice at the Linc. He doesn’t have a timetable for his return, but the coach noted that Alonso is still working through the concussion protocol with the Eagles training staff. As for the potential for a re-occurrence, Kelly said he isn’t worried.

“No he didn’t,” Kelly said when asked if Alonso had any previous concussions. “I think this is his first, I don’t think he had any in Buffalo.

“He hasn’t had a history of [concussion problems], so we’re not worried about it right now.”

•DeMarco Murray was absent from practice two days ago due to an illness and was held back a little bit yesterday, but Kelly said he is expected to be a full go today.
    •Jerome Couplin also missed the last few practices and it looks like he may be out for a little while longer. Kelly said the safety had an appendectomy a few days ago and will be back sometime next week.
    •The other two Eagles who have missed time are Zach Ertz and Mychal Kendricks, but just like Murray, both players will be full participants today. The coach classified their injuries as a "nagging something."
    •Yesterday, the Rams signed QB Nick Foles to an extension worth $24.5 million over two years. Kelly said he was happy for his former quarterback.

"I'm very happy for him," Kelly said. "I'm glad things worked out for him. Nick's an awesome person, first and foremost. When you always get to this league, you hope you can get to a second contract and it looks like he did."

Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/20...ssXYGLQ6qw4.99
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"
Working...
X