Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradford 118 yds passing

Fuckin pathetic

Sproles, Rowe, Ryan's and big shout out to Billy Davis.

Nick Foles had 197 yards and a pick.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

he could have had another 110 or so IF Sproles and Matthews catch those 2
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

For a QB who has been in the league this long you would think he would learn how to put touch on the ball. That is why he is getting so many drops. Win is a win but they won despite Bradford today
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Yeah Bradford was not great. The drops would have changed those stats in a big way though -- probably gotten to 200 yards with at least one more TD. Sucks throwing downfield when we drop the ones which are on target.

Still, Bradford was given a lot of time today and a lot of incompletions were on him (or maybe good defense). He didn't come too close to throwing an INT though; at least that. He didn't lose the game for us, basically. But man some of those drops were dreadful.

Comment

Something was different today. How many times did they just barely get the play off before time ran out? That's not hurry up. I don't know if it was the line getting blocking assignments right or Bradford looking for pre snap reads. Whatever, it looked pretty shaky.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
              Bingo!

People on this board will never be happy. Everybody should be grateful we got the win - especially since most people were so pessimistic going into the game.
              "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post

That is true...especially on the Sproles drop. Mathews dropped the same wheel route that could have been a huge gain as well but Bradford threw the ball behind him instead of leading him. I don't know what kind of receiver Ryan Mathews is out of th BF but he should have caught the ball.

There were a couple other drops but the sad fact is that the Oline provided Bradford with time for the most part and he simply stunk. Sometimes he was off by a little, sometimes by a lot. His accuracy and pocket presence was reminiscent of Tim Tebow.

I don't remember ever seeing Bradford's face during a game when he was with the Rams but every time I see him now when he's at the line setting the offense he looks like he wishes he where someplace else. I NEVER get the sense that he feeling comfortable or in command.

Other than Ryan Mathews, who ran impressively, the Offense laid another egg...a rotten one. Kelly and Bradford did all they could to wear out our D but without some really good play by the defensive starters (and new replacements) and some really stupid moves by the Jets, we would have lost this game after being up 24-0.

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
                  Bingo!

People on this board will never be happy. Everybody should be grateful we got the win - especially since most people were so pessimistic going into the game.
                  Stock,
                  I'm pleased that we won and very pleased with the play of a couple of the new guys who were replacing injured starters. The Oline also played better against a strong Jet D Line.

That said, I'm still very concerned about the Offense in general and Bradford in particular.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong but 60 years of die hard Bird watching doesn't engender optimism.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    Something was different today. How many times did they just barely get the play off before time ran out? That's not hurry up. I don't know if it was the line getting blocking assignments right or Bradford looking for pre snap reads. Whatever, it looked pretty shaky.
                    They were milking the clock! This was one of the better clock-managed games we've had for the past 15 years! Remember how Andy Reid managed the clock!
                    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                      There were a couple other drops but the sad fact is that the Oline provided Bradford with time for the most part and he simply stunk. Sometimes he was off by a little, sometimes by a lot. His accuracy and pocket presence was reminiscent of Tim Tebow.
                      Come now, he wasn't that bad. He was playing a very very good defense who have Revis and Cromartie at corner... there aren't going to be very good windows. He was inaccurate, to be sure, and far from great, and I do want to see improvement. In the first half most of his throws were catchable if a bit off, though the one to Mathews (the TD) was a gorgeous throw that for once wasn't dropped. The drop by Sproles on a similar play was also a perfect throw and should have been a TD but was dropped. Matthews was wide open in the first half; was not a perfect throw (not in stride) but should still have gotten 20+ yards and was stone dropped.

I can see giving Bradford a C on the game -- certainly some good but some of the bad was on him. He did have lots of time. But comparing him to Tebow? shudder.

We did have a semblance of a running game. The win was ugly in the end, but it was a win -- and most offenses will look ugly against the Jets. Just happy we did enough. Yes, most of that was due to the defense and the punt return, but the offense did enough to win given that (and we may have been overly conservative in the second half given the big lead -- Kelly has been guilty of that before). It's a major improvement over last week, and with the division in the state it's in, we still have lots of hope for the season.

Especially if we can work out kinks and be a better team at the end of the season, going into the playoffs on a roll.

Comment

Stock,
                        I'm pleased that we won and very pleased with the play of a couple of the new guys who were replacing injured starters. The Oline also played better against a strong Jet D Line.

That said, I'm still very concerned about the Offense in general and Bradford in particular.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong but 60 years of die hard Bird watching doesn't engender optimism.

Funny, but I feel just the opposite. Today's game showed me an OL that is beginning to jell and a defense that showed some depth.

You forget that Bradford is coming off injury and hasn't played a whole lot in the past two years. Combine that with the fact that his receivers aren't giving him a lot of support (Has Miles Austin caught a ball this year? What has Agholor shown?).

I realize that 60 + years of Birds watching can make anyone a pessimist, but you have to be grateful for every win - particularly when so few gave us a chance of winning.

Comment

That is true...especially on the Sproles drop. Mathews dropped the same wheel route that could have been a huge gain as well but Bradford threw the ball behind him instead of leading him. I don't know what kind of receiver Ryan Mathews is out of th BF but he should have caught the ball.

I don't remember ever seeing Bradford's face during a game when he was with the Rams but every time I see him now when he's at the line setting the offense he looks like he wishes he where someplace else. I NEVER get the sense that he feeling comfortable or in command.

Other than Ryan Mathews, who ran impressively, the Offense laid another egg...a rotten one. Kelly and Bradford did all they could to wear out our D but without some really good play by the defensive starters (and new replacements) and some really stupid moves by the Jets, we would have lost this game after being up 24-0.
                          Well I'll take the win, especially seeing as though we all thought that we'd get killed today (except for Vin)! Sam still seems a little shaky, but I thought the pass protection was great today. Maybe those Jet dbs had us blanketed all day. I know that quite a few of his throws were on target but got broken up by a nice play by New York. Mathews just couldn't get open. We could really use a true #1 like Marshall. It seems like all the good teams have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                            Well I'll take the win, especially seeing as though we all thought that we'd get killed today (except for Vin)!
                            Ahem!

Originally Posted by stocknowledge
                            O ye of little faith!

Eagles 24, Jets 10. Book it.

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
                              They were milking the clock! This was one of the better clock-managed games we've had for the past 15 years! Remember how Andy Reid managed the clock!
                              One of us is having a total brain fart Stock. It went on all game and we even got called for one. I remember Chip buzzing Sam at the 7:30 mark of the forth period to slow it down but it certainly wasn't the plan in the second and third quarters.

Comment

Working...
                              X