Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's No Reason Why WE Can't Win This Next Game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's No Reason Why WE Can't Win This Next Game.

That's how bad the Dallas offense is, it's pathetic. Dez Bryant is only about 50% and he wont be any better by Sunday.

Ironically, the best strategy might be to keep the Dallas offense on the field as long as possible then let it screw everything up. Our defense will have to win this game. I think it can.

Another blowup by a Cowboy Asshole

Dez Bryant erupts on reporters after Cowboys' loss to Seahawks

Eric Prisbell, USA TODAY Sports 10:54 p.m. EST November 1, 2015

ARLINGTON, Texas – Dez Bryant made his highly anticipated return for the Dallas Cowboys, and controversial Greg Hardy made a potential game-changing interception.

But the result Sunday was a familiar one: a fifth straight loss for the Cowboys, who see their once promising season quickly slipping away. At 2-5, they are in last place in the middling NFC East.

The Seattle Seahawks, as the two-time defending NFC champs often do, rode their tenacious defense and an efficient late-game drive engineered by Russell Wilson to beat the Cowboys 13-12 at AT&T Stadium. The Seahawks took 17 plays to drive 79 yards in 5 minutes, 35 seconds before kicking the game-winning 24-yard field goal with 1:06 remaining.

Emotions boiled over in the Cowboys locker room after the game as Bryant started screaming at reporters, loud enough that it was heard across the entire room. The Cowboys public relations staff attempted to intervene but Bryant kept yelling.

“Stay the (expletive) away …,” Bryant yelled to a group of reporters. “Why don’t you all get the (expletive) out of here? This is our (expletive) locker room. You (expletive) dirty (expletive).”

Bryant appeared to be upset with a reporter who had posted a Vine of the wide receiver. The caption alleged Bryant was celebrating Lockette's concussion, but the Cowboys star vehemently denied the allegation.

"I won't ever, ever, ever wish bad on a player that's been knocked down," Bryant said. "Not once did I say, 'That's what you get.' I got on one knee and prayed for that man. I got on one knee and prayed for him. Don't put clips together and do that."

This is the second consecutive week that an emotional outburst has coincided with a difficult loss. The previous Sunday it was Hardy who shoved teammates and knocked a clipboard out of the special teams coach's hands after the New York Giants returned a kickoff 100 yards for a touchdown in the fourth quarter of a victory.

The return of quarterback Tony Romo, who is sidelined with a broken collarbone at least until the Nov. 22 game at the Miami Dolphins, can’t come soon enough. But when Romo returns – even in a division as mediocre as the NFC East – will it be too late?

“It’s unfortunate that we have to depend upon the consequences of these other ballgames to have something positive,” Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said outside his team’s locker room. “This is quite a different visit I am having here with you than I thought I’d have after seven ball games … This is a daunting task, even with Romo back, to really get our feet back up under us.”

This was a particularly disheartening ending for a Cowboys team that had all the momentum heading into the fourth quarter. A team badly in need of a break finally appeared to get one because of their most polarizing player.

One week after his sideline tantrum against New York – which included shoving teammates and knocking a clipboard out of the special teams coach’s hands – Hardy made a critical play in the final minute of the third quarter. Hardy deflected a pass in
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

There was a nasty tweet by someone which combined a clip of the Lockette hit with a clip of Bryant mouthing "That's what you get" and basically calling him classless, but no idea what Bryant was really talking about. I can understand some anger at that -- seems like reporters do like baiting him (and are often rewarded, by the looks of it).

If we lose this next game, Dallas is probably still in the driver's seat for the division -- they have two more games without Romo. If they even win one, they will be 3-6, and may only need to go 4-3 from there to take the division, though 5-2 would be safer. But if they lose both... coming back from 2-7 might be hard even in this division, even if they are really the best team (with Romo). We absolutely can beat them, and probably need to if we want to win the division. Can't have many more division losses as tiebreakers may be very important -- the teams are all bunched right now.

Sure would be nice to iron out the offensive hiccups and look much better from here on out.

Comment

(Ivan Drago voice): Eagles must break them

Comment

Bryant is good enough to be doing all this bullshit- and on the field enough.

Comment

I'm just hoping that Dez and Hardy blow up the franchise!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              I'm just hoping that Dez and Hardy blow up the franchise!

...leaving Jerruh to fire his son and to pick up the pieces and rebuild the team the way HE wants. That way, it implodes all over again!

Comment

They kicked the absolute crap out of the Eagles last game without Dez and Hardy. Plus, they are about as desperate as you can possibly get.

There's no reason why the Eagles can't win the game for sure, but with the way they've played, especially the last game against Dallas, I have no faith in them, whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                  They kicked the absolute crap out of the Eagles last game without Dez and Hardy. Plus, they are about as desperate as you can possibly get.

There's no reason why the Eagles can't win the game for sure, but with the way they've played, especially the last game against Dallas, I have no faith in them, whatsoever.
                  That's pretty much how I feel. This game is basically our season and theirs as well. We have maybe played 6 good quarters of football and the other 22 have been God-awful. We are talking 1998 bad!
                  Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                    That's pretty much how I feel. This game is basically our season and theirs as well. We have maybe played 6 good quarters of football and the other 22 have been God-awful. We are talking 1998 bad!
                    Yes, I guess that they haven't really inspired confidence. The Dallas loss knocked mine down quite a few rungs too. I guess my optimism stemmed more from the satisfaction that Dallas and NY lost during the bye.

Comment

This week is going to show us what this team is all about. Chip has had a full week to evaluate the problems and come up with a fix. If he is the genius football mind we were told he is, then we should see some real changes the rest of the way. Add to that Dallas' injuries and desperation and the humiliation the Eagles should feel after the first game and this should be a great game. Of course that doesn't mean anything if Chip hasn't found a fix for the offense. If he hasn't, Jeff better find a coach who can!
                      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Yeah, it seems like the Cowboys have a fix on this Eagles offense. And they get a bit more dangerous with Hardy. Chip can't roll out the same old game plan and just expect his players to "execute". Give em some help, coach!
                        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                          This week is going to show us what this team is all about. Chip has had a full week to evaluate the problems and come up with a fix. If he is the genius football mind we were told he is, then we should see some real changes the rest of the way. Add to that Dallas' injuries and desperation and the humiliation the Eagles should feel after the first game and this should be a great game. Of course that doesn't mean anything if Chip hasn't found a fix for the offense. If he hasn't, Jeff better find a coach who can!
                          Getting decent QB play and catching passes probably puts us over the hump. It's not like we have hidden problems.

Comment

Well if we don't win this game, we're dead. Too many division and conference losses even in our lousy division, we're dead.

I guess it's desperation time and I still think it will be up to our defense at some point to make a play and win it. I have 0 confidence in our offense but Dallas is reeling and on the verge of going over the cliff if they haven't all ready. And a returning Tony Romo wont be Superman if Dallas loses again on Sunday.

I don't want to spend the off season knowing we lost twice to Dallas with them crippled like this also.

Comment

Wow. I thought I was the only one who thought we might have some trouble with Dallas. Their defense seems to have Chip's number, except for the Thanksgiving day blowout.

I see another feast or famine game. If we get Dallas down early, we could blow them out if they have to play catch up. If we struggle on the first few possessions, it is going to be a long day for the offense. That has been the typical Dallas/Philly game under Chip.

Comment

Working...
                              X