X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scouting the Scouts-Where the Eagles Scouts Were

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...out-fsuflorida

Notre Dame at Stanford
    Clubs attending: Arizona Cardinals, Indianapolis Colts, Oakland Raiders, Philadelphia Eagles, San Francisco 49ers.
    Three top players: Notre Dame (LB Jaylon Smith, OT Ronnie Stanley, WR Will Fuller); Stanford (G Joshua Garnett, RB Christian McCaffrey, LB Blake Martinez).
    Matchup to watch: Here's a fun battle to keep an eye on: a Butkus Award finalist (Smith) tracking down a Heisman Trophy candidate (McCaffrey). And with the way Stanford likes to throw the ball to McCaffrey (34 receptions), Smith's ability to cover the field against the pass will be well-tested, too.

UCLA at USC

Clubs attending: Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Chicago Bears.
    Three top players: UCLA (DL Kenny Clark, CB Ishmael Adams, RB Paul Perkins); USC (LB Su'a Cravens, QB Cody Kessler, CB Adoree' Jackson).
    Matchup to watch: Perkins and Cravens will have their share of encounters in this Pac-12 rivalry game, and a talented offensive line will have its hands full with Clark.

Alabama at Auburn

Clubs attending: Miami Dolphins, New Orleans Saints, Philadelphia Eagles, San Diego Chargers.
    Three top players: Auburn (CB Jonathan Jones, DE Carl Lawson, DT Montravius Adams); Alabama (DL Jonathan Allen, RB Derrick Henry, LB Reuben Foster).
    Matchup to watch: The individual battle between Lawson and Alabama left tackle Cam Robinson will go a long way to determine how much time Alabama quarterback Jake Coker has to throw. Another matchup that will provide some intrigue is Auburn's Jones working against Alabama freshman Calvin Ridley, who has emerged as the team's top receiver

http://www.eaglescoutingnest.com/#!E...f22d628519b10f

C. Steuber

It's a holiday weekend, but the Philadelphia Eagles scouting department is grinding away, as I’m told they - along with the Carolina Panthers, Chicago Bears and Tampa Bay Buccaneers - are expected at the UCLA-USC game, and one of five teams, including the Arizona Cardinals, Indianapolis Colts, Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers, scheduled to attend the Notre Dame-Stanford game on Saturday.

There are a number of players the Eagles could focus on in these two games, but the guy I will have my eyes on for them to target is my No. 1 rated offensive tackle, Notre Dame's Ronnie Stanley.

At 6-foot-6, 315 pounds, Stanley would provide the Eagles with a versatile lineman who has experience at right and left tackle. With Jason Peters' injury woes this season, it's vital that the Eagles look towards the future and fortify their line. And, by adding a player like Stanley, who is a dominant talent and offers tremendous flexibility to a team, would bolster the Eagles play upfront.

In addition to Stanley, there are a number of great prospects playing for Notre Dame. So, I'm not surprised this is the fifth time I've confirmed an Eagles scout attending a Notre Dame game this season.

Here are some other prospects the Eagles should show interest in during these games:

UCLA: DE *Takkarist McKinley (6-2, 250), DT *Kenny Clark (6-3, 310), OLB *Myles Jack (6-1, 245) - left team, OLB Aaron Wallace (6-3, 240), RB *Paul Perkins (5-11, 210), WR Jordan Payton (6-1, 212), OT *Caleb Benenoch (6-5, 305), OG *Alex Redmond (6-5, 305), C Jake Brendel (6-4, 305), K Ka'imi Fairbairn (6-0, 190)

USC: DL Delvon Simmons (6-5, 295), DL Greg Townsend Jr. (6-3, 275), DT Antwaun Woods (6-1, 320), OLB/S *Sua Cravens (6-1, 225), CB Kevon Seymour (6-0, 185), FS **Chris Hawkins (5-11, 190), QB Cody Kessler (6-1, 215), RB Tre Madden (6-1, 225), RB *Justin Davis (6-1, 195), C Max Tuerk (6-6, 285) - injured,

Notre Dame: DL Sheldon Day (6-2, 285), OLB *Jaylon Smith (6-3, 240), CB *KeiVarae Russell (5-11, 196) - injured, FS *Max Redfield (6-1, 205), C Nick Martin (6-5, 301)

Stanford: ILB Blake Martinez (6-2, 245), QB Kevin Hogan (6-4, 21, WR Devon Cajuste (6-4, 227), TE *Austin Hooper (6-4, 24, OT Kyle Murphy (6-7, 301), C Graham Shuler (6-4, 285)

*Denotes juniors
    **Denotes redshirt sophomores

Comment

On Stanley (from Sept. so the comment on the Eagles draft position doesn't match up with what the team has actually done thus far):

http://www.phillyvoice.com/grocery-s...atch-eagles-3/

Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame (6'6, 315): (14) Georgia Tech at ( Notre Dame, 3:30pm

Stanley is becoming one of my favorite prospects in this draft. I watched two of his games last year against two completely different types of edge rushers. The first was against Florida State, when he battled Mario Edwards all day. Edwards goes 6'3, 280, and is a powerful defensive end who was selected 35th overall in the 2015 NFL Draft. Edwards didn't catch a whiff of Notre Dame's QB, and he was moved off the line of scrimmage all day in the run game...The other game was against LSU's Danielle Hunter, who is an athletic freak. Different type of player, same result...Stanley will likely be gone by the time the Eagles pick where I would project them to be picking, but he's worth keeping an eye on nevertheless.

Comment

Notre Dame-Stanford
        http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...ith-notre-dame

Comment

Working...
        X