Chip Kelly: "I don’t think we’re a bad football team"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chip Kelly: "I don’t think we’re a bad football team"

Tino Puno: "You're right! It wasn't just 'bad'. It was fucking pathetic and you suck!"

From today's PFT:
    LINK:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...football-team/

'The Eagles season isn’t officially over until they and the Giants square off for second place in the NFC East next Sunday, but postmortem analysis on 2015 was still on many minds at coach Chip Kelly’s Monday press conference.
    Kelly was asked a variety of questions about what went wrong for the team this season, but Kelly insisted that he didn’t believe that a lack of talent was the reason why his team sits at 6-9 after winning 10 games in each of his first two seasons.
    “It didn’t go our way, but I don’t think we’re a bad football team,” Kelly said.
    Kelly said that he doesn’t think a “revamp” of the roster is needed a year after Kelly made serious alterations to their group. Those changes came after Kelly gained more control over personnel in an offseason front office shakeup, although Kelly tried to downplay the import of that shift in responsibilities on Monday.
    “I’m not the General Manager. I don’t run our personnel department. I’m not in charge of scouting,” Kelly said. “I don’t tell our scouts where to go. … The only difference is I was in control of the 53-man roster and now I’m in control of the 90-man roster. … My job has never changed.”

Please Chip, just STFU with the passing-the-buck bull shit. It was your hand picked team and you shit the bed as both a GM and as Head Coach. Please have the decency to stand up there and take responsibility.

Well my question for him would be: "why is the 90 man roster full of uncoachable, soft hearted, low football IQ, injury prone, mistake filled, talent lacking, ball dropping, block whiffing, tackle missing idiots?"
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I think he should have just called it quits on that PC instead of making a fool out of himself.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

The issue may not be the personnel department, but it is scheme and, if the personnel department does not firm the coach, then it is also a personnel department issue. Crappy response equal to the level of coaching we have seen. Is here a game in the last three years that we clearly outcoached the opposition?

Comment

Things started going downhill when he got rid of Jackson for not being a team guy- from then on its been bad choice after bad choice.

Comment

6-9 is kinda bad, Chip...

Comment

U are what your record says you are chipper
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I will catch crap for this, but......they are not a bad team. They are an average team that is making mistakes all over the place. They are 6-9 and that is a bad record. But they could easily be 9-6 and most of the reason they are not is the O-Line and all the new faces.

this isn't a bunch of guys that have played together for years. This isn't the 6-9 Giants.

yes, Chip deserves blame for ignoring the O-line. Yes, Chip deserves blame for overvaluing Kikko. But if not for all the player mistakes, this would probably be a playoff team. Still a flawed one.

I give Chip one more year to fill the holes and make a run. I cannot rip him for not standing at the podium and calling his team bad

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                  I will catch crap for this, but......they are not a bad team. They are an average team that is making mistakes all over the place. They are 6-9 and that is a bad record. But they could easily be 9-6 and most of the reason they are not is the O-Line and all the new faces.

this isn't a bunch of guys that have played together for years. This isn't the 6-9 Giants.

yes, Chip deserves blame for ignoring the O-line. Yes, Chip deserves blame for overvaluing Kikko. But if not for all the player mistakes, this would probably be a playoff team. Still a flawed one.

I give Chip one more year to fill the holes and make a run. I cannot rip him for not standing at the podium and calling his team bad
                  Don't bad teams make a lot of mistakes Dawk???
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Dawk: Can't all teams say that if not for the players making mistakes and getting beaten, they are a good team? I understand the premise, but I don't think it holds true. There seems to be a bad fit at every position. Good players, bad scheme, poor coaching, ill-timed injuries. Look at the number of snaps these guys are playing.

Comment

yes, they do Popper. I'm not disputing that. I'm only making mention that some of it may be expected with so many new faces.

Even with all of the changes and lack of continuity, I think we can all point to player mistakes in the first Skins game, Dolphins game, Falcons game....in which we could have won.

it's not all on the coach/gm and maybe us fans expected too much too soon with this 2015 team.

now if this continues next year.....my vitriol will join the fray

Comment

and I'm kind of sick of the small playbook thing. The Pats run the same plays over and over and over again. The difference is that they have done it together for years and we haven't

Comment

fix the line, replace Cooper and the O is fixed IMO. I like what I saw of Watkins and Rowe, teamed with Thurmond, Jenkins and Maxwell and the return of Shepperd from Injury and we'll be ok at DB. We need a player or 2 at LB and dline. First and foremost we need a DC who can call a game from start to finish. He had the 'skins on the ropes by being aggressive and took the foot of the gas and we went to pathetic rather quickly. We aren't that far off IMO, but we need Sam back.
                          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

This team is not good enough to become mistakes- good teams can.

Year one was expected with a new coach with new ideas and very few injuries. Year 2 was an anomaly as STs bailed this team out time and time again. Year 3 was expected as too many changes including a new QB, oline changes, secondary, etc.

But, the biggest concern is that this team has no real direction in personnel. There's no plan that can be seen for improvement and the draft has not been as fruitful as expected.

Parcels used to talk about being good your first year out of the gate as a coach because you can get overconfident in what you have. It's better to have a couple crappy years. This is provided that you know how to draft. Kelly does not.

Comment

I struggle to recall the last night this team dominated a game. I do recall Andy Reid teams showed up in prime time games. Usually laying 30+ points in the first half. Chip Kelly teams stutter, constantly

Comment

Working...
                              X