David Bowie has left the building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Bowie has left the building

I was saddened to read early this morning that David Bowie has died at age 69 of cancer. Bowie was one of a kind...a man of many faces and talents. Sixty nine is much, much to young.

May he rest in peace and may his family find some solace in an awareness of the joy his music gave to millions around the world.

Davie Bowie was an interesting musician to me. I liked relatively few of his songs, but he worked with, influenced, or was influenced by a wide variety of musicians/bands I do like and/or highly respect, ranging from the Stooges/Iggy Pop to NEU! (influential 1970s German krautrock band) to Robert Fripp (through their mutual connection to Brian Eno) to Nile Rodgers, that I have a great amount of respect for Bowie.

RIP David Jones. You'll be missed.

Comment

RIP only 69 years old.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

He had the late Stevie Ray Vaughn in his band way back . Been losing a lot of talent in the past year, guess we are all getting old.

borrowing some lyrics from the Righteous Brothers:
        If you believe in forever,then life is just a one night stand
        If there's a rock n roll heaven, well you know they've got a helluva band

RIP Sir
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

May he RIP but I gotta tell ya... I never understood his appeal.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

RIP. Under the moonlight. The serious moonlight.

Comment

I was a young man doing wacky things with Major Tom. Now it is more like ground control. He was way out and had a way out life but sorry to see him go; especially since he just released new music
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Bowie was just one more flavor of my youth. I loved his uniqueness, and found his music to be polarizing, even for myself. SOme things I loved, some I hated. But that is to be expected from a true artist. RIP, David.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Bowie was great! So sorry to hear of his passing. May he rest in peace.
                  "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Working...
                  X