Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor

For whatever its worth, Daniel Jeremiah mocked Coleman to Philly at 13. I assume that this is in light of the Bradford signing and the BPA approach. Came across this when looking for Jack Conklin's profile

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profil...man?id=2555333

Strengths Instant blur off the snap. Feet turn over at a blinding pace and he devours cushion before cornerbacks know what hit them. Able to get over the top of every corner he faced and demands safety help over the top. Works back to the ball. Explosive leaper with ability to climb ladder and win the 50/50 ball and body control to secure the acrobatic catch. Touchdown maker finishing 2015 with 20 receiving touchdowns. Smooth, speedy stems to the post will be difficult to mirror and match for NFL cornerbacks. Easy route adjustments in space. Defenders who try to jam and miss pay the iron price (touchdowns). Able to make tacklers miss in tight spaces. Has experience as ball carrier and punt returner. Heavily targeted (39 percent) in Baylor's high*-flying attack.

Weaknesses Does his best work from outside the numbers, but lacks desired NFL size to play outside. Allows cornerbacks to leverage him against the sideline on deep throws. Takes longer than expected to gear down for comeback routes after hitting top speed. Ran limited number of simple routes. Hands are a concern. Fails to catch away from his body. Dropped 10 passes for a drop rate of 11.9 percent. Loses focus and concentration on routes that work towards the middle of the field or when he senses defenders are closing in. Had sports hernia surgery that forced him to miss his bowl game.

NFL Comparison John Brown

Bottom Line Dangerous vertical talent with the ability to get over the top of defenders who fail to recognize his blazing quickness off the line of scrimmage. Coleman can get instant separation to create favorable passing windows and is one of the top playmakers in this draft. Coleman's issues with drops near the middle of the field could be a concern if teams see him next as a slot receiver due to his lack of size. Regardless, he can line up outside and win and he offers immediate punt return help.

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
    For whatever its worth, Daniel Jeremiah mocked Coleman to Philly at 13. I assume that this is in light of the Bradford signing and the BPA approach. Came across this when looking for Jack Conklin's profile

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profil...man?id=2555333

Strengths Instant blur off the snap. Feet turn over at a blinding pace and he devours cushion before cornerbacks know what hit them. Able to get over the top of every corner he faced and demands safety help over the top. Works back to the ball. Explosive leaper with ability to climb ladder and win the 50/50 ball and body control to secure the acrobatic catch. Touchdown maker finishing 2015 with 20 receiving touchdowns. Smooth, speedy stems to the post will be difficult to mirror and match for NFL cornerbacks. Easy route adjustments in space. Defenders who try to jam and miss pay the iron price (touchdowns). Able to make tacklers miss in tight spaces. Has experience as ball carrier and punt returner. Heavily targeted (39 percent) in Baylor's high*-flying attack.

Weaknesses Does his best work from outside the numbers, but lacks desired NFL size to play outside. Allows cornerbacks to leverage him against the sideline on deep throws. Takes longer than expected to gear down for comeback routes after hitting top speed. Ran limited number of simple routes. Hands are a concern. Fails to catch away from his body. Dropped 10 passes for a drop rate of 11.9 percent. Loses focus and concentration on routes that work towards the middle of the field or when he senses defenders are closing in. Had sports hernia surgery that forced him to miss his bowl game.

NFL Comparison John Brown

Bottom Line Dangerous vertical talent with the ability to get over the top of defenders who fail to recognize his blazing quickness off the line of scrimmage. Coleman can get instant separation to create favorable passing windows and is one of the top playmakers in this draft. Coleman's issues with drops near the middle of the field could be a concern if teams see him next as a slot receiver due to his lack of size. Regardless, he can line up outside and win and he offers immediate punt return help.
    Good Lord TP, I've seen enough of that to last a lifetime! Are you trying to kill me?
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I want nothing to do with this kid. ZERO.

Wouldn't take him until the third round and I will be you when he gets put under the microscope teams will agree.

My WR prediction is:

Braxton Miller goes first
      Treadwell
      Doctson
      Coleman
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        Good Lord TP, I've seen enough of that to last a lifetime! Are you trying to kill me?

LOL! Yeah that's true. Lightning speed matters for naught when the WR leaves the ball in his rear-view mirror along with the defenders!

Comment

This is a bad receiver draft. Treadwell is the only receiver worth a first round pick. Braxton Miller eventually could be the best one but he still has a ton to learn about the position. I have Coleman as a 4th rounder he has hands of Stone.

Boy am I glad Lurie didn't hire Jerrimiah
          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

If nothing changes between now and the draft and there is an offensive lineman that can start day one you take him. My disclaimer is that you never turn your back on the BPA if he is far and away a better talent.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Working...
            X