Coughlin's Eagles Interview...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coughlin's Eagles Interview...

...apparently was more about how he'd stick it to the Giants than how he'd help the Eagles. I thought this was funny

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...nts-ben-McAdoo

Coughlin being grumpy somehow isn't hard to believe after watching his face get red and his arms flail around while stomping around on the sidelines all these years. Coughlin himself recently admitted he still has hard feelings about how he lost his job. Myers also reports that Coughlin still hangs around at the Giants' facility despite essentially being fired earlier this offseason. Talk about awkward.

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
    ...apparently was more about how he'd stick it to the Giants than how he'd help the Eagles. I thought this was funny

Like him or not, TC is a very dedicated and loyal guy. He's a Giant and bleeds blue. I was really surprised that he was interviewing with the Birds or anybody else for that matter. The Giants should have moved him upstairs to the FO. He's a damn good man.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post

Popper,

Good coach? OK. Good man? Meh. Who knows. I do know he acted like a spoiled brat much too often on the sidelines.

I thought at the time that the "Coughlin withdrew his name" story was total bull shit. Gnat fans, of course, swarmed on the story like flies on shit.

He wanted to coach again so badly, in order to prove the Gnats were, he could taste it. Of course the 'classless' Eagles (Gnats fan's often repeated description) protected the old fart by not contradicting his lie.

Update: The fiery geriatric genius apparently also withdrew his name from consideration for any other coaching job with ANY team in the NFL, CFL, Arena or Lingerie League.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
        Popper,

Good coach? OK. Good man? Meh. Who knows. I do know he acted like a spoiled brat much too often on the sidelines.
        I thought at the time that the "Coughlin withdrew his name" story was total bull shit. Gnat fans, of course, swarmed on the story like flies on shit.

He wanted to coach again so badly, in order to prove the Gnats were, he could taste it. Of course the 'classless' Eagles (Gnats fan's often repeated description) protected the old fart by not contradicting his lie.

Update: The fiery geriatric genius apparently also withdrew his name from consideration for any other coaching job with ANY team in the NFL, CFL, Arena or Lingerie League.
        I always felt that way about TC too until I saw one of those "football life" stories on him. I came away with a new respect for the man. He's really quite a guy with the great things he's done for people behind the scenes. Let's face it, competition can often bring out the worst in people during games.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          I always felt that way about TC too until I saw one of those "football life" stories on him. I came away with a new respect for the man. He's really quite a guy with the great things he's done for people behind the scenes. Let's face it, competition can often bring out the worst in people during games.

Popper,

I never saw the 'football life' video. It's quite possible that I would moderate my view if I learned really positive things about Tom's off field behavior. I'm a sucker for anyone with some celebrity who goes out of their way to make life better for other people (and animals) and consciously avoids drawing attention to themselves in doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
            Popper,

I never saw the 'football life' video. It's quite possible that I would moderate my view if I learned really positive things about Tom's off field behavior. I'm a sucker for anyone with some celebrity who goes out of their way to make life better for other people (and animals) and consciously avoids drawing attention to themselves in doing so.
            Like I said tino, I couldn't stand the guy either. Most Giant fans I know thought he was a jerk too. The story about him actually made me feel guilty. That's kind of weird in some ways I guess. It was his constant wineing during games that drove most people nuts. It was so wimpy, and he's anything but a wimp.

Comment

I remember seeing a story a few years ago about a kid who had cancer and Coughlin went out of his way for several years calling their, giving him tickets to games and introducing him to players etc. The kid was in remission and Coughlin continued to call him and plan events with him. I came away liking Coughlin as a person after seeing the video about this.

Edit: I couldn't find the video I first saw,but I did find this link on what he does and why. Definitely a decent guy regardless of his football history!

http://www.dailyrxnews.com/nfl-coach...und-foundation
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
              X