Clear All

• Are These Our Upcoming Picks ?

Rd 1) #8
    Rd 3) #77 and #79
    Rd 4) #97
    Rd 5) #141 and # 152
    Rd 6) # 170
    Rd 7) # 201 and # 219

there's a gap of 69 picks and 44 picks. They gotta get a second . There's too much talent in that range
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Originally posted by musicman View Post
    Rd 1) #8
    Rd 3) #77 and #79
    Rd 4) #97
    Rd 5) #141 and # 152
    Rd 6) # 170
    Rd 7) # 201 and # 219

there's a gap of 69 picks and 44 picks. They gotta get a second . There's too much talent in that range
    It wouldn't surprise me if they take that #8 and one of the 3rd round picks to trade BACK to around where they were originally in the 1st round and pick up a late 2nd rounder.

Comment

it sure would suck to sit and watch all those quality guys slide by from 8-77. 77 and 79 is a good place to maybe grab a G or maybe even a Hackenberg to work with for 2-3 years and see how he matures. That #8 pick needs to be an animal for either line IMO.
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

They could move back to 15-17 and probably get a kid like Decker out of Ohio State to play RT and pick up a second if they want Derrick Henry, Josh Doctson, Jaylon Smith, or maybe Cody Whitehair if he slid.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
          It wouldn't surprise me if they take that #8 and one of the 3rd round picks to trade BACK to around where they were originally in the 1st round and pick up a late 2nd rounder.
          If the players they target are not there at 8, I could very well see them trading back some and picking up a second rounder. Moving from 13 to 8 is the equivalent of a high 3rd rounder already so dropping back that much, or a couple more spots, should get a late 2nd all by itself without having to give up a 3rd rounder.

It probably will hinge on if a QB is available that the Eagles don't want, but a desperate team below them does -- they could offer a ransom much higher than the draft chart in that case.

But there are supposed to be 8-10 studs in this class, so it may be best to stand pat and pick one of those, rather than getting a lower-tier guy in the 1st just to get a late 2nd rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
            If the players they target are not there at 8, I could very well see them trading back some and picking up a second rounder. Moving from 13 to 8 is the equivalent of a high 3rd rounder already so dropping back that much, or a couple more spots, should get a late 2nd all by itself without having to give up a 3rd rounder.

It probably will hinge on if a QB is available that the Eagles don't want, but a desperate team below them does -- they could offer a ransom much higher than the draft chart in that case.

But there are supposed to be 8-10 studs in this class, so it may be best to stand pat and pick one of those, rather than getting a lower-tier guy in the 1st just to get a late 2nd rounder.
            The draft value chart is outdated. You have to look at the history of trades to get the true value of dealing from 13-8. Almost all the ones I have seen have been at least a 2nd round pick. In fact there has been a few times where teams have traded from 12-7 and dealt future number 1 picks. Really depends on the player available.

Looking at this year as I have said in past there teirs of players in the draft. This year by my calculation 12-15 is the 4th tier of players. 9-11 is the third teir and 5-8 is the 2nd tier. So the Eagles jumped two tiers in this deal which should be worth around a 2nd round pick.
            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
              The draft value chart is outdated. You have to look at the history of trades to get the true value of dealing from 13-8. Almost all the ones I have seen have been at least a 2nd round pick. In fact there has been a few times where teams have traded from 12-7 and dealt future number 1 picks. Really depends on the player available.

Looking at this year as I have said in past there teirs of players in the draft. This year by my calculation 12-15 is the 4th tier of players. 9-11 is the third teir and 5-8 is the 2nd tier. So the Eagles jumped two tiers in this deal which should be worth around a 2nd round pick.
              Agreed, at this level the value will be on which specific players are available when the clock hits. If a player is there who some team had rated in their first tier as you describe it, that's when you can get the valuable trade-backs. I tend to think we'll pick there unless we get a really good offer -- maybe something like a later 1st, 2nd, and 4th round picks to trade back, or a 1st and 2nd and future 2nd, or 1st and future 1st, stuff in that range.

Comment

Personally I'm in the stay put at 8 and "draft a stud" camp.
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                  Rd 1) #8
                  Rd 3) #77 and #79
                  Rd 4) #97
                  Rd 5) #141 and # 152
                  Rd 6) # 170
                  Rd 7) # 201 and # 219

Piss poor, IMHO. Whether it's on Chip or Howie for the "purge" --- we got porked on this, not by AR.

Let's give somebody 141, 152, 170, 201 and 219 -- and mid 40's back! Is there anybody that really needs multiple picks ?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    Personally I'm in the stay put at 8 and "draft a stud" camp.

Would you consider Ezekiel Elliott at #8?

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
                      Would you consider Ezekiel Elliott at #8?
                      If he's the best guy-sure. I don't know how good of a blocker he is or how bright he is. That's why you have a scouting director... oh wait a minute.
                      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

tough call. Elliot is a great overall HB. Blocking, pass catching, running.

he would be a great pick.

But HB's aren't as valuable as they used to be....so who knows

Comment

I'd rather get a blocker or a destroyer

Comment

I am hearing Zeke is can't miss but man I don't like RBs early.

I'd much rather go Ronnie Stanley.
                            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Working...
                            X