Ncaa ot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ncaa ot

Sorry for the diversion....By any chance did anyone watch that Northern Iowa game last night. I was bouncing around and started watching that game with about 4 minutes left. Watched because I thought there was no way in hell A&M would get back and wanted to see UNI get another great upset.
    Anyway, 44 seconds left and up by 12 but they blew it. Amazing. Have never seen anything like that loss. Gut wrenching for them is far too weak of a description
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
    Sorry for the diversion....By any chance did anyone watch that Northern Iowa game last night. I was bouncing around and started watching that game with about 4 minutes left. Watched because I thought there was no way in hell A&M would get back and wanted to see UNI get another great upset.
    Anyway, 44 seconds left and up by 12 but they blew it. Amazing. Have never seen anything like that loss. Gut wrenching for them is far too weak of a description
    I heard about it. It just doesn't seem possible. I imagine they just couldn't make a foul shot.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

uNI got screwed. Every call in the last 2 minutes went A&M way. And I do mean every call... Every non call. Everything.

SFA and St Jo got screwed by the zebras also. The message was clear. If you are a mid major and want to beat a Power5 school you are playing 8-5 especially in the last 5 minutes.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
        uNI got screwed. Every call in the last 2 minutes went A&M way. And I do mean every call... Every non call. Everything.

SFA and St Jo got screwed by the zebras also. The message was clear. If you are a mid major and want to beat a Power5 school you are playing 8-5 especially in the last 5 minutes.
        I thought that in the SFA game too. ND had the calls go their way in their opener too. The line dropped from ND being a 1 1/2 point favorite to a pick in the last hour before tip off. There was a big overlay on SA. Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post

eh maybe. I watched and maybe non calls but calls in the NCAA, all year long, are hit and miss at best. The NFL is the gold standard compared to basketball and the NFL being the gold standard in officiating is laughable.
          As for UNI, they just lost their composure big time. Inbounding was brutal, turnovers (without getting fouled) was brutal, hell you can damn near run off 45 seconds with a 12 point lead just holding the ball and getting called.
          As a side note I was switching between that and Wisconsin. Got back to them just in time for the buzzer beater.
          I run a pool and couldn't believe the winners and losers this weekend. Watched an absolute ton of BB and enjoyed the close games and upsets
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
            eh maybe. I watched and maybe non calls but calls in the NCAA, all year long, are hit and miss at best. The NFL is the gold standard compared to basketball and the NFL being the gold standard in officiating is laughable.
            As for UNI, they just lost their composure big time. Inbounding was brutal, turnovers (without getting fouled) was brutal, hell you can damn near run off 45 seconds with a 12 point lead just holding the ball and getting called.
            As a side note I was switching between that and Wisconsin. Got back to them just in time for the buzzer beater.
            I run a pool and couldn't believe the winners and losers this weekend. Watched an absolute ton of BB and enjoyed the close games and upsets
            As much as I love football, March Madness rules!! The tourney never fails to entertain you!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              As much as I love football, March Madness rules!! The tourney never fails to entertain you!
              Agreed

Comment

Working...
              X