X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dak Prescott: Eagles Pre-Draft Interview 'Unique'

http://www.nfl.com/labs/rr/pathtothedraft/prescott

Published: April 19, 2016 at 2:42 p.m.

Pre-draft visits for NFL draft prospects don't tend to vary too much. They buzz into town for a day or less, meet with coaches and team officials, maybe take a quiz on a playbook, meet a few potential future teammates, and head back to the airport.

That changed for Dak Prescott in Philadelphia.

The Eagles put him through a mock press conference to assess his ability to handle tough questions from reporters.

"They wanted to get a feel for how I would represent the team. Obviously as a quarterback, you're going to be the face of an organization, so it was important to them to see how I would react to different questions. That was the most unique thing I've done (at a visit)," Prescott said.

It wasn't so much a test of Prescott's postgame demeanor; the mock setting had more of a post-draft feel, as if Prescott was speaking to reporters for the first time after being selected by Philadelphia. Naturally, one Eagles official asked him about the DUI charge that Prescott incurred two days after MSU's pro day last month, something he'll surely be asked about in his first post-draft media interview in a new city.

"They also threw in some football questions about plays they run, so it varied," Prescott said. "I think the idea was to see how I would handle myself in an unpredictable situation. When I was done, they said I did a really good job."

Prescott's tour of pre-draft visits has sent him to Denver, where he sat with Pro Football Hall of Famer and Broncos GM John Elway; and to Arizona, where he took in the Cardinals' impressive new facilities in Tempe, Ariz. But the Philadelphia visit clearly will be his most memorable. And Prescott's subsequent visit to the Dallas Cowboys this week, which he believes will be his last before the draft, will be hard-pressed to challenge him quite like the Eagles did.

"In Philly, they had me doing more unique things than anywhere else I've been," Prescott added.

Points for creativity -- be they owed to new coach Doug Pederson, VP of football ops Howie Roseman, or someone else -- are clearly due.

-- Chase Goodbread

My guy!!

5 yeas from now this will be the one that got away.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
      My guy!!

5 yeas from now this will be the one that got away.

If they go OT, CB, or RB in the first rd then it's still possible to get him...unless some other team grabs him sooner

Comment

Meh. If he is so stupid as to get arrested for DUI a month before the draft, I don't want him.
        "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

I liked him in college and he was tough to defend. I just wonder about his mechanics and arm strength at the next level. The DUI is just a kid being stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
            I liked him in college and he was tough to defend. I just wonder about his mechanics and arm strength at the next level. The DUI is just a kid being stupid.
            He's a good kid despite the DUI, but I think that he maxed out in college. Not really interested.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

We won't be getting him now.
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                We won't be getting him now.
                We may still get him! Washington selected Kirk Cousins in the same draft that they picked RGIII. Of course, that would mean that we would have to deal Sam on draft day, otherwise we'd have four QB's on the roster!
                "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

That would mean we'd carry 4 QBs though?

Comment

Working...
                  X