Trade bait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade bait

I doubt if Sam goes simply because of his contract, but I did read where his salary was only $7 million so I suppose anything is possible. Sproles might be dealt for a pick though, and taz has been shopping Barwin for awhile now.

I guess it all depends on how serious the Birds are about competing this year. If they think that they could find a starting O lineman in the draft it might make sense to deal.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Barwin, Sproles, Huff I think all or none could be moved. Of course Sam could be moved and maybe just maybe Agholor.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
      Barwin, Sproles, Huff I think all or none could be moved. Of course Sam could be moved and maybe just maybe Agholor.
      I really don't want to trade Agholor. Before he got hurt he was the only Eagle that "made a play" for Sam until Matthews and Ertz got their collective heads out of their asses towards the end of the season. I think he's got the highest ceiling of the receivers. If somebody wants to give something for Huff I'd jump at that (I think). How long do you give a guy to "get it"?

Comment

I really don't think they'd trade Agholor. The guy has deep speed, and did flash last season. Huff might get moved, but honestly, whatever late round pick they get for him probably won't even make the team.

Bradford and Barwin are the two guys that they could get some return on.

Comment

I can't imagine Howie trading Agholor. What could they get for him (based on what he has done to date in the NFL) as opposed to what he could become (the impetus for drafting him in the first place)?

And what value does Huff have? Really? Who's giving anything for Huff? Another Oregon Special. (Thanks Kelly, you tunnel visioned prick!)

As a guy that gets pressure on the QB, Barwin does have some real value. But he is also very solid off the field as well...one of the few actual leaders on the team. You don't just trade a guy like Barwin unless the offer is really sweet.

Of course, Howie does like to wheel and deal.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
            I can't imagine Howie trading Agholor. What could they get for him (based on what he has done to date in the NFL) as opposed to what he could become (the impetus for drafting him in the first place)?

And what value does Huff have? Really? Who's giving anything for Huff? Another Oregon Special. (Thanks Kelly, you tunnel visioned prick!)

As a guy that gets pressure on the QB, Barwin does have some real value. But he is also very solid off the field as well...one of the few actual leaders on the team. You don't just trade a guy like Barwin unless the offer is really sweet.

Of course, Howie does like to wheel and deal.
            IMO IF Howie trades Agholor it will be to finally purge anything to do with Chip Kelly. I just hope that he's not that vindictive.

Comment

The Jets are a longshot

Jets GM admits team inquired about trading up for No. 1 pick

Jets general manager Mike Maccagnan admitted Friday that Gang Green investigated the possibility of trading all the way up to the No. 1 spot in this year’s draft, Seth Walder of the New York Daily News reports.

“The short answer is yes,” Maccagnan said Friday at his pre-draft press conference. “The short answer is we inquired.”

Ultimately the Titans dealt the No. 1 to the Rams, who gave up a boatload of picks for the right to draft first.

While Maccagnan didn’t reveal what player the team would have wanted with the No. 1 pick, it almost certainly would have been either Jared Goff or Carson Wentz. Indeed, if the Jets were considering trading all the way up from 20th to first, they had to be eyeing one of the quarterbacks.

Maccagnan would not say how far along their inquiry for the first overall pick went and also would not address whether Muhammad Wilkerson was part of the potential negotiations.

Comment

Depending on what you get in return no one should be untouchable but I am with you EB. Barwin or Bradford. But I'd like to see them keep Barwin and I really don't think they are looking to trade Sam. I think they believe he will be good and they will keep him for a couple years (with Wentz learning) or he will tank and they will unload him next year.
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
                  Depending on what you get in return no one should be untouchable but I am with you EB. Barwin or Bradford. But I'd like to see them keep Barwin and I really don't think they are looking to trade Sam. I think they believe he will be good and they will keep him for a couple years (with Wentz learning) or he will tank and they will unload him next year.
                  If Wentz isn't starting the 2017 season this trade up was a miserable failure IMO!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    If Wentz isn't starting the 2017 season this trade up was a miserable failure IMO!
                    I'm still not convinced it's Wentz. I think there is still a chance it's Goff. Either way who they pick will be the starter Ready or not in 2017. There salary cap situation for 2017 isn't good. They will be able to recoupe a good bit of Sammies contract when they deal him.
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Yea I also am not convinced it is Wentz. It all depends on LA and there is plenty of word that they will take Wentz
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
                        Yea I also am not convinced it is Wentz. It all depends on LA and there is plenty of word that they will take Wentz
                        It's possible, but I'm leaning towards the consensus. Plus, the Eagles seem to have a good relationship with the Rams' FO, and I think they probably conversed a bit about what the Rams were going to do before moving up with Cleveland.

Comment

It seems that as the draft approaches the experts all know how the first 10-15 picks will go down. It's annoying how Kiper says who the pick will be and then he's almost always right.
                          There are very few surprises anymore.
                          So if the mocks all have Goff-Wentz, then I'm convinced that's the way it will go down.
                          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

There is no reason for the Rams to hide who they want. I don't see how you make a trade of that magnitude unless you are certain who you are getting, and that goes for the Eagles as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                              There is no reason for the Rams to hide who they want. I don't see how you make a trade of that magnitude unless you are certain who you are getting, and that goes for the Eagles as well.
                              All along, the reports were that the Eagles wanted Wentz. I don't think they made any secret of that. Yea, they apparently liked Goff, but I honestly don't think they make this deal unless they knew that Wentz was going to be there.

Comment

Working...
                              X