The they don't make'm like they used to thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The they don't make'm like they used to thread

I'll start it off with Heinz ketchup. The stuff is all watered down now and is no different from the rest of them. Remember that you used to have to stick a butter knife in the bottle just to get it started? Now you squeeze the bottle and it comes out like you cracked a fire hose.

What else do you guys have?
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Can I say "human beings"?
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
      Can I say "human beings"?
      Well, there's no more John Waynes, that's for sure!
      Last edited by Eagle60; 07-07-2016, 08:25 PM.

Comment

I miss being able to climb in the engine compartment of my truck and sit on the wheel well to work on it. Nowadays you can't get your hand in anywhere to work on them
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
          I miss being able to climb in the engine compartment of my truck and sit on the wheel well to work on it. Nowadays you can't get your hand in anywhere to work on them
          Or popping your hood and being able to stand next to your slant six engine.

Comment

Virtually all major appliances. Unless you buy actual commercial appliances, expect your appliances to last about 10 years...at best! Part of the problem is that plastic/ nylon parts have replaced steel and the motors are made in the same country that brought us General Tso's chicken. But the much greater problem is that they all depend on some sort of computerized circuit board or Electronic Control Module.

Comment

Sports forums boards.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                Virtually all major appliances. Unless you buy actual commercial appliances, expect your appliances to last about 10 years...at best! Part of the problem is that plastic/ nylon parts have replaced steel and the motors are made in the same country that brought us General Tso's chicken. But the much greater problem is that they all depend on some sort of computerized circuit board or Electronic Control Module.
                Washers and dryers are really expensive. I don't mind that so much, but they have become throw away. It costs more to fix them than to replace them.

Comment

Going back to cars, there used to be sufficient Guage of metal on cars to where you could actually do some metal work on them. Hell, you could sit or even walk on my first Buick, no worries. Now they dent if you even look at them, and the old tricks of heating and cooling the metal to draw it back tight and straight never works.

And, uou could work on them. Not simply because there was more room in the engine compartment. But because there we no computers, no crap load of sensors, and maybe two vacuum lines on the whole damned thing........one which went to your heater.....which you could actually fix if it broke.
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

How about Wise potato chips? Remember you used to get the burnt ones? And also the ones with the little bubbles in them? The burnt ones were real crispy and my favorite and those little wholes were great for dipping. Now they are uniform and even took on the Lays's texture. I miss the real Wise!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      How about Wise potato chips? Remember you used to get the burnt ones? And also the ones with the little bubbles in them? The burnt ones were real crispy and my favorite and those little wholes were great for dipping. Now they are uniform and even took on the Lays's texture. I miss the real Wise!
                      Use to get a bag for a quarter on the way home from elementary school! They had onion rings too.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                        Use to get a bag for a quarter on the way home from elementary school! They had onion rings too.
                        LOL! It was either chips or Tasty Cakes for me, and they were only a dime! The Tasty Cakes went to 12 cents so I started eating more chips. At least they haven't messed the cakes up, they're still great!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                          Sports forums boards.
                          That's just mean MD.
                          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

screws. vast majority are made from the cheapest recycled metal one could find and they strip out terribly
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                              That's just mean MD.
                              Sorry, but it's not, not at all, just factual. Not picking on this board in particular, but just let's use it as an example. At one time about 125 people exchanging good ideas and good opinions... Now? Maybe 10, tops. And most agree with each other. Used to have football, Eagles posts from 40 Or 50 different people...... Now poor 60 is forced to post almost every topic.

This is just one example of how I think many boards now fit this topic. Some in other ways, but the bottom line is that factually my comment was very appropriate for this thread. Not mean at all, unless someone is just feeing very very defensive...... I would not have seen you, Juk, fitting that mold, so I'm gonna assume you didn't think your response through.

Comment

Working...
                              X