Agholor's lousy camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agholor's lousy camp

I've got a couple of thoughts on him and our receivers in general.

The bad: Subconsciously do these guys think it's OK to drop the ball because everybody else does or do they just suck?

The good: How much was Agholor effected by the charges hanging over his head? It had to play on him. He sounded pretty shook up from the press conference quotes that I read about the situation. Let's hope that's what it was anyway.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Although I don't understand how someone who was a clutch, go-to WR, at a major college can forget how to catch the ball consistently overnight, I think the bottom line is that he simply has bad hands. Of course, TO dropped more than his fair share too, and that didn't stop him from being a great WR when he wasn't acting bipolar. But Agholor doesn't have the physical presence that Owens did.

Comment

all receivers drop balls. It's kind of odd how we are just making this an Eagle thing. The leaders in drops in the NFL are the who's who of NFL WR's. Hell, even Beckham dropped a sure TD against Josh Norman and the Panthers that cost them a game

I do worry about Agholor because he had drops and didn't offset that with much production. He needs to get his head straight

I suppose drops happen more when you have multiple QB's throwing you the ball. Last year with Bradford and then Sanchez. Camp with multiple QB's

anywho.....

Agholor has alot to prove right now.

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
        all receivers drop balls. It's kind of odd how we are just making this an Eagle thing. The leaders in drops in the NFL are the who's who of NFL WR's. Hell, even Beckham dropped a sure TD against Josh Norman and the Panthers that cost them a game

I do worry about Agholor because he had drops and didn't offset that with much production. He needs to get his head straight

I suppose drops happen more when you have multiple QB's throwing you the ball. Last year with Bradford and then Sanchez. Camp with multiple QB's

anywho.....

Agholor has alot to prove right now.
        Yeah Dawk. I just can't stomach another year like last year. Giving up 50 points is tough to watch. I'm not that confident things will change this season.

Comment

I have to think that the charges against him weighed heavily on his mind. And last season perhaps he tried to do too much too soon, buckling under the weight of first-round expectations.

More than his hands, I think it's his confidence

That said, he's been playing this game for a little while now and has shown a degree of proficiency at the collegiate level. This season, IMO, he must at least shoot for 'effective' if he can't get to 'outstanding'.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
            I have to think that the charges against him weighed heavily on his mind. And last season perhaps he tried to do too much too soon, buckling under the weight of first-round expectations.

More than his hands, I think it's his confidence

That said, he's been playing this game for a little while now and has shown a degree of proficiency at the collegiate level. This season, IMO, he must at least shoot for 'effective' if he can't get to 'outstanding'.
            There's a ton of talent there. I just hope he's not another Huff.

Comment

At first I put it down to the 'big fish in a little pond' effect. Talented enough to outshine everyone else there on the field. However, USC and the PAC12 isn't exactly a little pond.

As for Huff, I don't know what to think. I've seen flashes but nothing more.

Comment

"Agholor has alot to prove right now."

No truer words. He and some others
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Let's not even put the two in the same conversation. Agholor was a first round pick for goodness sakes.
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                    Let's not even put the two in the same conversation. Agholor was a first round pick for goodness sakes.
                    While I agree Fresh I'll still add that he also came with high expectations in what was supposed to be a once in a decade draft. GMs were boasting that they would be drafting starters in the 4th round.

Comment

I don't remember Agholor's problem being so much that he dropped a lot of balls. For me it was more that he was almost totally invisible when he was in the game. (Matthews was the one who dropped a LOT of balls thrown his way...and still managed to put up nice numbers.)

I keep thinking back to Agholor's early-season ankle sprain which was bad enough to keep him out of a few games. When he came back from that he didn't look explosive AT ALL. I'm hoping that was what his issue was, and that with the whole off-season to fully heal, we'll see the same guy who you can watch in college highlights.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                        I don't remember Agholor's problem being so much that he dropped a lot of balls. For me it was more that he was almost totally invisible when he was in the game. (Matthews was the one who dropped a LOT of balls thrown his way...and still managed to put up nice numbers.)

I keep thinking back to Agholor's early-season ankle sprain which was bad enough to keep him out of a few games. When he came back from that he didn't look explosive AT ALL. I'm hoping that was what his issue was, and that with the whole off-season to fully heal, we'll see the same guy who you can watch in college highlights.
                        I agree with that assessment Chris. When he came back he just looked gimpy. He also did join the club with a couple of drops too. I read where he had a hard time hanging onto the ball in OTAs though and it got me thinking that the legal shot might have been part of it. When your whole life can be taken from you it's going to take a toll. He had the catch of the day at practice today so that's a good sign.

Comment

Working...
                        X