No announcement yet.

My Off-Season Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MD, the Giants had way more to play for (like making the playoffs and a division title) than we did last week. But don't let facts get in the way of your argument.

You can't have it both ways and discredit our wins by looking at certain factors and yet completely ignore the same factors in our losses.
    We lost by a single point on the road to the Lions and in OVERTIME on the road to the Cowboys. Both playoff teams.

If we are 4-5 win team talent wise, then Pederson should be coach of the year because not only won 3 more games than he should have, he had us within a single possession of winning 6 other games.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I believe we have a solid line and agree with AW that Seumolo and Vaitai are promising. I am also a believer of line continuity and this year was a FUBAR year for that crew and they held up well for going 10 deep. I am interested in seeing who they add to this mix.
      IMO they need to keep Sproles, he changes field position ,is a good 3rd down back and is good insurance if they need a short term #1. I would allow Mathews to walk, you can get 600 yds from ANYONE.
      I say keep all 3 TEs, Celek will take a cut IMO.
      I think Aggy will get with Carson and have a far better season. Matthews is a fine WR as a #2 . After that I don't really care what happens to them . OGB looks like he's lost, he get's handled by smaller guys. Let him walk too.
      defensively so long to McKelvin, Carroll, Barwin, Hart, Kendricks and Watkins
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

How much better would this team have been with Lane Johnson starting 16 games? Would you rather be us or the Redskins, who now have to shell out big bucks for Cousins? Or the Giants with an aging Manning? The Cowboys are legit, but we'll see what happens when they have to re-sign some of their OL. As it is we should have beaten them in Dallas. Need skill players, no doubt, but this team has a pretty solid foundation.
        Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
        Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
          How much better would this team have been with Lane Johnson starting 16 games? Would you rather be us or the Redskins, who now have to shell out big bucks for Cousins? Or the Giants with an aging Manning? The Cowboys are legit, but we'll see what happens when they have to re-sign some of their OL. As it is we should have beaten them in Dallas. Need skill players, no doubt, but this team has a pretty solid foundation.
          that will happen if they score some hardware, then everyone will be doing the feed me shit
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
            I'll take either one of them but without question I'd take the Giants roster. You could put a backup in at qb and win with that crew just like Dallas did.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I'm ok with our O if we had ANYONE at WR who fought for possession or could high point a ball. Oh, I forgot coming back to the QB

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                I'll take either one of them but without question I'd take the Giants roster. You could put a backup in at qb and win with that crew just like Dallas did.
                No I would not take the Giants roster. They had the easiest schedule in the division they are over rated. Old QB less than mediocre o line, sure the have OB but meh. Defensively they have a one handed d end bad linebackers. Good back 4. But really they may have a name or two but they are not a better roster than the Eagles, Now Dallas I can see even the Redskins but the Giants are frauds.
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                  No I would not take the Giants roster. They had the easiest schedule in the division they are over rated. Old QB less than mediocre o line, sure the have OB but meh. Defensively they have a one handed d end bad linebackers. Good back 4. But really they may have a name or two but they are not a better roster than the Eagles, Now Dallas I can see even the Redskins but the Giants are frauds.
                  This is nonsense. They outweigh us at every position. Their skill people are huge too not to mention Beckum is one of the very best while we have junk. They turned the ball over three times and still put up 465 yards against us but had trouble in the endzone while we put up 270. Sometimes the better team loses, that's sports. They have beaten Dallas twice. We have a young qb that may develop but that's it. They are SB contenders while you yourself admit that we need help at every position. I hate the Giants and hate to write this but it's reality. Taz you are either being stubborn or obstinate here.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I assume that he is being a homer. Which is OK. But the bottom line is that we have significant catch-up to do in our division. As I have said, we were the last place team, and it's no fluke, that was on merit.
                    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      This is nonsense. They outweigh us at every position. Their skill people are huge too not to mention Beckum is one of the very best while we have junk. They turned the ball over three times and still put up 465 yards against us but had trouble in the endzone while we put up 270. Sometimes the better team loses, that's sports. They have beaten Dallas twice. We have a young qb that may develop but that's it. They are SB contenders while you yourself admit that we need help at every position. I hate the Giants and hate to write this but it's reality. Taz you are either being stubborn or obstinate here.
                      I am not being stubborn or obstinate, you and some others are being stubborn and obstinate with your constant hate on this team. I am really starting to doubt some of you are really Eagles fans.

I am done with this debate. You can all continue on hate-filled debate. I would rather talk about how to improve this team.
                      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Taz, I just have to say that I hope the Eagles brass do not share your opinion that we are close and just need a few tweaks. Hopefully I am misrepresenting your position.
                        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                          I don't think Jeffrey or Pryor ever make it to FA.
                          you think Jeffrey will sign a deal with Chicago and Pryor with Cleveland? Other than maybe $, why?

Comment

facts are facts. Mathews doesn't fumble and we beat Detroit. Smallwood doesn't fumble and we finish off Dallas

then we are 9-7 and in the playoffs

still average to sub average, but still in the playoffs

I personally think we are just a couple playmakers on Offense and Defense from being dangerous

but maybe I'm nuts?

Comment

Wow, can't believe what I'm reading....

I say the Eagles are only a 5 win team and I get handed the old well they won 7 so they are a 7 win team,,,,,, now I read that the 11 wins the Giants have doesn't make them an 11 win team, that they are frauds?????????????

C'mon man, you can't have it both ways.

And for the record I agree the Giants are maybe a 9 win team not an 11, just as the Eagles are a 5 win team not a 7. It's not numbers it's talent wise.

And Fresh I agree with you, I also hope the F/O doesn't buy into this we are only a few tweaks away stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                                facts are facts. Mathews doesn't fumble and we beat Detroit. Smallwood doesn't fumble and we finish off Dallas

then we are 9-7 and in the playoffs

still average to sub average, but still in the playoffs

I personally think we are just a couple playmakers on Offense and Defense from being dangerous

but maybe I'm nuts?
                                Sorry Dawk, but they aren't facts they are IF's.

Comment

Working...
                                X