Say it ain't so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    I couldn't believe how he would complete passes throw after throw taking major league hits. He and Smith were unreal against us. Bastards.
    Irvin too.

I have to admit, when Irvin went down on the turf, I was in a sports bar in LA and we were all cheering.

Comment

Aikman does fairly well but he still lets his homer out once in awhile. Times like that I want to gag him with a body part. There is little doubt though that he had a far better career than Romo so I would hope I never here Romo playing homer during Cowgirl games.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

He sure seems to cry if calls are going against his old team IMO
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

CBS dumped Simms just like that without Romo doing one game ? Damn how bad did they want to get rid of Phil?

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
            CBS dumped Simms just like that without Romo doing one game ? Damn how bad did they want to get rid of Phil?
            His analysis is shockingly bad most of the time.
            It's no wonder why Parcels was always on his ass. It makes you wonder how he is a HOFer.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I never liked Simms in the booth. Not sure I will like Romo but IMM he can't be much worse than Simms was.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                I never liked Simms in the booth. Not sure I will like Romo but IMM he can't be much worse than Simms was.
                Agreed, Simms really started to annoy me in the last three years- I started going to the web for the in game commentary if it was an Eagles game. For other games, i'd mute him.

Comment

CBS is nutless

Chris Simms believes Jim Nantz played a role in Phil Simms' demotion

Phil Simms had been the lead NFL game analyst at CBS since 1998, most of that time paired with Jim Nantz.

That tenure effectively ended Tuesday when CBS hired Tony Romo to take over Simms’ role with the network’s top broadcast crew, a move Simms’ son, Chris, has some theories about when it comes to Nantz’s culpability, A.J. Perez of USA Today reports.

"I wouldn't be shocked," Chris Simms said on his Bleacher Report podcast when asked if Nantz had some input. "Listen, certainly a company like CBS is going to run this by Jim Nantz. If I’m going to sit here and be honest with you, yeah, that’s what I would envision happens. Jim Nantz is their guy. 'Hello, friends.' He’s kind of the face and voice of the network. He’s a bigger linchpin than Phil Simms for that network, that’s for sure. So I would think in some degree or fashion, I’m not trying to throw Jim under the bus, but yeah, he signed off on this to some degree."

Chris Simms was also critical of CBS’ handling of Tuesday’s news, which his father apparently wasn’t informed of until after the reports first surfaced.

“I had to tell my dad first before CBS or anybody because I found out from an NFL insider,”
                  Chris added on his Bleacher Report podcast. “I forwarded the text message that I was sent. It basically said, ‘Hey, listen, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Romo’s being offered your dad’s job on CBS. That sucks. I’m sorry.’ My dad was in Barbados. And I had to forward the text message to him to let him know.”

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org

Comment

I could see CBS putting Romo on a pregame show, but immediately to tv analyst is pretty impressive. I imagine that he must have been pretty good in auditions to start at the #1 spot. I don't think that I've ever heard of that before.

Comment

Simms is now taking smart pills-going to give 110%

Phil Simms says he’s 'not done'

Phil Simms surely will have more to say in the near future about losing his job to Tony Romo as CBS’ No. 1 NFL analyst. “I am not done,” he wrote in a text message to Gary Myers of the New York Daily News. He’s under contract for at least two more years and there are many ways this could go.

Myers lists the following broadcast possibilities for the 61 year old Simms. Those include Showtime, NFL Today, WFAN in New York, and FOX as number two analyst.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org

Comment

Working...
                      X