X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College playoffs

Good luck picking the top 4 this year.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Penn State gets a perfect opportunity to be relevant again and lost to Michigan State. Unbelievable. Both OSU and PSU are done. Wisconsin is my dark horse. I think Clemson or ND lose somewhere along the line and Wis goes in as the undefeated Big 10 champ.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Georgia or Alabama will have a loss, but I think both get in. Miami is interesting as are ND, Wisconsin and Clemson. Miami and Clemson have to play still. TCU and OK are also gonna mess this up.

I think SEC gets two in, the Clemson Miami winner is in and the fourth will be a popularity contest

Comment

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
        Georgia or Alabama will have a loss, but I think both get in. Miami is interesting as are ND, Wisconsin and Clemson. Miami and Clemson have to play still. TCU and OK are also gonna mess this up.

I think SEC gets two in, the Clemson Miami winner is in and the fourth will be a popularity contest
        This is where I disagree Fred. I agree that Bama and Georgia are the 2 best teams but if only 4 teams are eligible I don't think any conference should send 2 teams. Only conference champs should go and Ohio State getting in last year was a total joke. Why have conference championships if they don't count? If ND wins out they have to go too. Personally I think that they should have to join a conference to go and nobody should be independent. Maybe after this year the NCAA will expand the playoffs and stop giving priorities to the corrupt bowl system.

Comment

I think Miami will lose. I hope ND loses. Agreed only conference champs go.

Comment

Too much variation in conferences for just the conference champs to go. If you had an eight or ten team playoff I could see all conference champs getting in but with four teams I think you have to go with the board thing they use now. Not perfect by any means. Say big ten champ has 3 losses should they then go ahead of an undefeated team?
            FCS has sixteen teams go and that is probably too many. I could see eight or even ten with a couple of teams getting a bye.
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
              Too much variation in conferences for just the conference champs to go. If you had an eight or ten team playoff I could see all conference champs getting in but with four teams I think you have to go with the board thing they use now. Not perfect by any means. Say big ten champ has 3 losses should they then go ahead of an undefeated team?
              FCS has sixteen teams go and that is probably too many. I could see eight or even ten with a couple of teams getting a bye.
              If they insist on taking a Big 10 team then yes the 3 loss team should go instead but I think that the committee would just skip by the Big 10. This playoff system is supposed to eliminate the "this team is better" BS and putting in a team because everybody else "thinks" they're the better team is just contradicting what you are trying to eliminate! The best team doesn't always win-that's why you play the game. If you lose your conference title game how can you possibly be crowned National Champion?

Comment

I can agree with that 60 but how do you pick the four? Maybe do away with that and have all conference champions go? How about small school conference champs? If Temple wins their conference should they be in the national championship? I think you would play hell trying to make it all even. Look at high schools; hell ND is small and still have four divisions based on school size.
                As I said FCS has 16 schools in their playoffs and they handle it okay. I think you could narrow that but expand on four and get a reasonable program. But there will always be arguments
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

I’ve felt there needs to be some realignment. 8 Super conferences. Pretty much the same say Big 10 schools but with a few additions. Conference champ from each goes. 8 teams 3 weekends. Would produce a more honest assessment than now. And you only play conference games. No loading up on the bakery items to start the season. Every game every week means a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                    FCS/DI-AA now has a 24 team playoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                      I’ve felt there needs to be some realignment. 8 Super conferences. Pretty much the same say Big 10 schools but with a few additions. Conference champ from each goes. 8 teams 3 weekends. Would produce a more honest assessment than now. And you only play conference games. No loading up on the bakery items to start the season. Every game every week means a lot.
                      It seems so freakin simple doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
                        FCS/DI-AA now has a 24 team playoff.
                        oooppps you are right. that's what I get for not paying attention to what I write
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Working...
                        X