Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doug on Rich Eisen Radio Show (14 minutes long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug on Rich Eisen Radio Show (14 minutes long)

http://www.richeisenshow.com/2018/02...rview-2-21-18/
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Doug is such a great interview/ I could never EVER see B.B. being that engaging.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
      Doug is such a great interview/ I could never EVER see B.B. being that engaging.
      LOL. Easy comparison seeing as though most people would rather talk to an aardvark than Belichick.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        LOL. Easy comparison seeing as though most people would rather talk to an aardvark than Belichick.
        Good point.

I’m just a fan of Rich Eisen especially after he had Jeff Bridges on and talked about “the Big Lebowski” and got him to say “Yeah man!” In The Dude fashion. But it was a great interview and it was awesome when he talked to Doug about Ice Cream

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
          Good point.

I’m just a fan of Rich Eisen especially after he had Jeff Bridges on and talked about “the Big Lebowski” and got him to say “Yeah man!” In The Dude fashion. But it was a great interview and it was awesome when he talked to Doug about Ice Cream
          Eisen is fine on his own and great at interviewing but I can’t stand that morning show with Irvin, Warner, Mooch, and Faulk (although I think Faulk is gone now).
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
            Eisen is fine on his own and great at interviewing but I can’t stand that morning show with Irvin, Warner, Mooch, and Faulk (although I think Faulk is gone now).
            Totally agree- that show is unwatchable- most of NFL Network is unwatchable

Comment

Great interview. I still have trouble believing all this. Going back to training camp, we had no idea what was in store for us this year.

I always said that you have to be both good and lucky to win the SB. It turns out, that is not true. This team overcame generally bad luck.

There will never be a sports moment in my lifetime that will match this last season with the Eagles. It is the pinnacle. My sports life is complete.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                Great interview. I still have trouble believing all this. Going back to training camp, we had no idea what was in store for us this year.

I always said that you have to be both good and lucky to win the SB. It turns out, that is not true. This team overcame generally bad luck.

There will never be a sports moment in my lifetime that will match this last season with the Eagles. It is the pinnacle. My sports life is complete.
                We had a lot of things go our way too Pliny, especially in the Atlanta game. The blown interception that bounced to Smith giving us a fg right before the half and the Julio Jones slip on the last play of the game. Don't forget the Clement pass that was a 50/50 call. No way that TD gets overturned if they called it incomplete. Were we the best team in the NFL this year? Yes. Do you also need breaks to win it all? Yes. Am I one happy bastard about it?

Comment

We had a lot of things go our way too Pliny, especially in the Atlanta game. The blown interception that bounced to Smith giving us a fg right before the half and the Julio Jones slip on the last play of the game. Don't forget the Clement pass that was a 50/50 call. No way that TD gets overturned if they called it incomplete. Were we the best team in the NFL this year? Yes. Do you also need breaks to win it all? Yes. Am I one happy bastard about it?
                  It is often said that it's not the best team that wins the Super Bowl but the healthiest team that wins. Well, after all the injuries, I think that we can confidently say that we were the best team. Did we have some breaks go our way, sure. But we also had the best record for most of the year and really took care of business when the chips were down.

What we did this year in terms of overcoming injuries might not ever be matched again. There is a reason why backup QBs don't win the Super Bowl.
                  Super Bowl winning QBs in the last 14 years have been: Brady, Roethlisberger, Peyton, Eli, Brees, Rodgers, Flacco, and Wilson.
                  And now Nick Foles.
                  Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Just throwing this out there because I don't know but how many backup QBs have started a SB. I thought there were three that only had three starts or something like that and I think they all won didn't they. Maybe getting to the SB with a backup is harder than winning the SB with a backup
                    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

Earl Mmorrall

When regular Colts signal caller Johnny Unitas was injured in the final exhibition game, Morrall became the team's starter. Morrall proceeded to lead the Colts to a 13-1 record, then added two playoff victories en route to winning the NFL's Most Valuable Player award, leading the Colts into Super Bowl III. However, in one of sport's greatest upsets, the Colts lost 16-7 to the New York Jets, with a second-quarter interception of a pass by Morrall symbolizing the team's luck on the day. Wide receiver Jimmy Orr was wide open near the end zone, but Morrall inexplicably did not see Orr (despite having successfully run the same play earlier in the year). His throw down the middle was short and intercepted by Jim Hudson to blunt the Colts' momentum. Two years later, Morrall again replaced an injured Unitas in Super Bowl V, and the Colts won 16-13 over the Dallas Cowboys on a 32-yard field goal by Jim O'Brien at the end of regulation.

Comment

When regular Colts signal caller Johnny Unitas was injured in the final exhibition game, Morrall became the team's starter. Morrall proceeded to lead the Colts to a 13-1 record, then added two playoff victories en route to winning the NFL's Most Valuable Player award, leading the Colts into Super Bowl III. However, in one of sport's greatest upsets, the Colts lost 16-7 to the New York Jets, with a second-quarter interception of a pass by Morrall symbolizing the team's luck on the day. Wide receiver Jimmy Orr was wide open near the end zone, but Morrall inexplicably did not see Orr (despite having successfully run the same play earlier in the year). His throw down the middle was short and intercepted by Jim Hudson to blunt the Colts' momentum. Two years later, Morrall again replaced an injured Unitas in Super Bowl V, and the Colts won 16-13 over the Dallas Cowboys on a 32-yard field goal by Jim O'Brien at the end of regulation.
                        Didn't Morrall replace Griese during the Dolphins 17-0 year?

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                          Just throwing this out there because I don't know but how many backup QBs have started a SB. I thought there were three that only had three starts or something like that and I think they all won didn't they. Maybe getting to the SB with a backup is harder than winning the SB with a backup
                          Foles- Wentz
                          Kurt Warner- Trent Green
                          Doug Williams- Theisman
                          Brady- Drew Bledsoe
                          Jeff Hostetler- Phil Simms

Those were off the top of my head. But none of them came in in the last month of the season.

Comment

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3703335

Comment

Well it appears backup QBs have won SBs more often than one thinks
                              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X