Eagles could have Traded Foles to the Browns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles could have Traded Foles to the Browns

For the 35th pick, they asked Foles and he said he would rather stay here as a backup than be the starter there. WOW.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atn
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

I imagine that a lot of teams would have been interested in Foles IF he was available. I'm kind of thinking that Cleveland won't be terrible again this year right now. They seem to be headed in the right direction anyway despite those weird first round choices. I think that Taylor is the best QB that they have had there in quite awhile.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I’m glad they didn’t pull the trigger without asking Foles. He was absolutely owed that veto.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

The Browns are a dumpster fire until proven otherwise

Comment

I think Foles is plenty comfortable in his life. He has been around the NFL for a few years, been on a couple of teams, and knows what he and his family want.
          For the Eagles though the 35th pick is pretty good compensation for a backup QB. Tough to turn down I would imagine. Good on them for standing by their player. I know their is at least a little concern about Wentz but they have Sudfeld who they are high on.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

I think the Browns offered the Eagles were intrigued enough to ask Foles before really negotiating. I think they would have got more than 35, in fact it probably would have been 33 and a 2019 pick something like a 5th or 6th rounder or some combo of Foles plus a 5th for 33 and a 2019 4th. Either way I think its the right move for a guy who won us our first Super Bowl.

Think of this, I wonder if the Browns would have got Foles if they would taken Barkley 1? That could be an interesting thing to watch going forward.

Comment

This is just me but I definitely think they would have went Barkley with #1.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                For the Eagles though the 35th pick is pretty good compensation for a backup QB. Tough to turn down I would imagine. Good on them for standing by their player.

Agree fully.

The offer must have been tempting, especially given the dearth of picks this year, but Lurie et al were real stand up guys in consulting with Nick. There may well have been other factors that weighed on the decision as well (Wentz health). That said, it gives me another reason to like this team...from the top down.

Oh , and Fuck Dallas!

Comment

The Eagles didn't trade him because they needed him. I'm sure the new contract that Nick got figured into things too. I think that you guys are just a tad overplaying the benevolent card here. It's business.

Comment

Foles will be a Giant in 2019 discuss Seriously that could happen, his contract is such that they are not going to pay him 20 mill to be a backup. Looking around the NFL landscape other than Brady retiring I don't think there is another option that would fit Foles well. He knows Pat Shurmer etc.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                      Foles will be a Giant in 2019 discuss :) Seriously that could happen, his contract is such that they are not going to pay him 20 mill to be a backup. Looking around the NFL landscape other than Brady retiring I don't think there is another option that would fit Foles well. He knows Pat Shurmer etc.
                      Big Ben and Rivers are nearing the end of their careers too so Foles could land there too I suppose. My wife says she wants to get me the Foles autographed SB edition helmet for our anniversary June 24. I may have to rethink that now. The Giants? Oh the humanity!!!!! (and this time I'm serious!)

Comment

I am hoping to get to camp and try to get Foles and Wentz to sign a SB football. I see Wentz sometimes around town and keep a ball in the car ‘just in case’!
                        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Nick denies being asked about a trade to the Browns.

Interesting and somewhat disconcerting. I'm inclined to trust Foles version.

From PFT:

Nick Foles: I never heard about Browns trade offer

A recent report indicated that the Browns offered to trade the 35th pick in this year’s draft to the Eagles in exchange for quarterback Nick Foles, but had their offer rejected after the Eagles consulted with Foles and learned that he had no desire to leave Philadelphia.Browns General Manager John Dorsey didn’t make any comment about Foles or a trade offer when he spoke to the media last week, but Foles shared his side of things on Tuesday. Foles said that the first he heard of any offer was when he got text messages about the report and that he never attempted to block any deal that the Eagles could make without his approval anyway.
                          “I haven’t turned down anything,” Foles said, via Zach Berman of the Philadelphia Inquirer. “We haven’t talked about anything. … At the end of the day, I’m not the G.M. of the team. I have a great relationship with Howie [Roseman] to where if something did happen, we could have a discussion. But at the end of the day, he gets to decide.”
                          Roseman decided to hold onto Foles and give him a new contract that sets him up to make a nice payday if he’s thrust into the starting job again this season.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                            Interesting and somewhat disconcerting. I'm inclined to trust Foles version.

From PFT:

Nick Foles: I never heard about Browns trade offer

A recent report indicated that the Browns offered to trade the 35th pick in this year’s draft to the Eagles in exchange for quarterback Nick Foles, but had their offer rejected after the Eagles consulted with Foles and learned that he had no desire to leave Philadelphia.Browns General Manager John Dorsey didn’t make any comment about Foles or a trade offer when he spoke to the media last week, but Foles shared his side of things on Tuesday. Foles said that the first he heard of any offer was when he got text messages about the report and that he never attempted to block any deal that the Eagles could make without his approval anyway.
                            “I haven’t turned down anything,” Foles said, via Zach Berman of the Philadelphia Inquirer. “We haven’t talked about anything. … At the end of the day, I’m not the G.M. of the team. I have a great relationship with Howie [Roseman] to where if something did happen, we could have a discussion. But at the end of the day, he gets to decide.”
                            Roseman decided to hold onto Foles and give him a new contract that sets him up to make a nice payday if he’s thrust into the starting job again this season.
                            I've mentioned before that the benevolence of the Eagles FO is being overblown as far a Foles is concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                              I've mentioned before that the benevolence of the Eagles FO is being overblown as far a Foles is concerned.
                              Its a business and the goal is to win. If there was an offer for Foles that the FO felt would improve the team, Foles would have been traded. Im ok with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X