I think Bell's trade value is zip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Bell's trade value is zip

Why would anybody want a guy who is obviously going to lay down for the rest of the season? Who would ever trust him again?

Steelers won't rescind Bell's franchise tag, trade still possible
    Oct
    10/6/2018 3:19:17 PM
    |More
    With disgruntled running back Le'Veon Bell reportedly planning to return to the Pittsburgh Steelers in less than two weeks, a league source tells Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk.com that the team does not plan to rescind the franchise tag but could still trade him before the deadline.

If Bell does in fact report during the Week 7 bye, the Steelers would have until the Tuesday after Week 8 (October 30) to trade him if they decide that is the best course of action. The compensation they would get for what boils down to a partial-season rental of Bell dwindles with each passing week but might still be better than the 2020 compensatory pick they would receive if Bell walks away in free agency next spring. A third possibility would be slapping the franchise tag on Bell for a third consecutive year. Even though that tag would cost at least $25 million and would only give the Steelers a right to match any offer sheet signed under the transition tender and no compensation, the team could match the offer and then promptly trade Bell to the team that signed him to the offer sheet.

In any of these scenarios, it seems clear that the marriage between Bell and the Steelers is going to end-only the details of when and how are yet to be determined. With the team's season currently sputtering and the Steelers threatening to fall even further behind the Bengals and the Ravens in the AFC North, the Steelers may just opt to run Bell into the ground after the bye week and say adios after the season. But the team seems ambivalent about bringing Bell back into an already chaotic locker room and just may decide to make Bell someone else's problem for the duration of 2018.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

As good as he is, he seems to be a chemistry killer. I get it that he wants to be paid based on his production vs his position, but what he’s asking is for the system which has been designed to reward players based on their ranking in their position. I really doubt that his situation is going to go the direction he wants and as a result he’s going to make less money and be even more disgruntled.

No thanks.

Comment

The way Pitt puts up points they don't need him. If i were them I'd rescind the tag. He's going to be an asshole when he comes back anyway.

Comment

The Eagles could really use Bell right now. They don't have a single healthy back right now. They really need some speed on offense to. Aside from Agholor they don't have any. That is pretty bad
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Maybe his trade value is ZIP--- but we could use him AT LEAST for the rest of this year.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
            Maybe his trade value is ZIP--- but we could use him AT LEAST for the rest of this year.
            He's going to cost you a ton of money. What makes you think that he going to play for us just because he gets traded? Whoever he plays for this year he's going to pull a DJAX and cruise until he gets his monster deal (that I don't think anybody is going to give him anyway). Do you really trust a guy like that? I don't understand your thinking.

Comment

I read an alternative trade target scenario somewhere that suggested the Eagles take a look at Detroit RB Abdullah.

Re: his possible availability, From Rotoworld:

ESPN's Michael Rothstein would not be surprised if the Lions kept, cut, or traded Ameer Abdullah.

In other words, Abdullah's future remains up in the air. The former second-round pick has seen a surprising number of snaps with the first-team offense this preseason, and he has also gotten work as a returner. That suggests the Lions want to keep him around, but they also could just be showcasing him for a trade. Abdullah's usage in the fourth preseason game on Thursday night should offer clues to his future. Aug 30 - 10:05 AM
              Combine results- http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...lah?id=2552374

Seems to me that the Eagles already have guys like this on the team now...

Comment

Yeah, Abdullah is no better than what we have IMO. I am OK with our RB's right now to be honest. The OL needs to get their crap together.

Comment

Any team that trades for him better work out a new deal with him before he suits up. If he plays 6 games he becomes a FA at the end of the year. If his team makes the playoffs and he doean’t have a new contract he will almost certainly decide he doesn’t want to risk his future payday to an injury in the playoffs. I guarantee he will develop a mystery ailment in the last game that is minor in nature but enough to keep him out of the playoffs. I don’t trust him and wouldn’t take the risk.
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                    Any team that trades for him better work out a new deal with him before he suits up. If he plays 6 games he becomes a FA at the end of the year. If his team makes the playoffs and he doean’t have a new contract he will almost certainly decide he doesn’t want to risk his future payday to an injury in the playoffs. I guarantee he will develop a mystery ailment in the last game that is minor in nature but enough to keep him out of the playoffs. I don’t trust him and wouldn’t take the risk.
                    The problem is they can't work out a new deal with him before he suits up. The weirdness of the franchise tag doesn't allow it.

Pittsburgh really only have two options, either recind the tag and hope to get a comp pick for him or when he reports play him. I don't think he is tradable at this point because you can't sign him and he already said he isn't going to risk getting hurt.
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I just think Bell plays for Pittsburgh or no one this year. Pittsburgh problem is really on the defensive side of the ball. They can't stop anyone! Bell cant cover that up!

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                        I just think Bell plays for Pittsburgh or no one this year. Pittsburgh problem is really on the defensive side of the ball. They can't stop anyone! Bell cant cover that up!
                        Last year the Steelers averaged 25.4 ppg. This year they are averaging 28.6! It doesn't seem like they miss him very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                          Last year the Steelers averaged 25.4 ppg. This year they are averaging 28.6! It doesn't seem like they miss him very much.
                          I think therein lies the reason his argument that he should be paid more like a QB than a RB lacks merit.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                            Or it could that the defense is giving 30 points per game

Comment

Working...
                            X