Amari Cooper To Dallas !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
    5 first rounders in the next two years. Man that is going to kill them when those contracts come due. If they’re smart they trade Carr and grab a QB, WR, RB this year and use the two firsts next year and whatever they get for Carr (another first?) on OL and defense next year. That’s a fast rebuild!
    That may be but you have to build your team if you think you have the right vision. There are lots of options when you have those first round picks. Trading back to get extra 2d round picks and using them to have extra firsts in future years will give you the players, the cap help, and sustained high picks. It is all a risk and all a balance act
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
      5 first rounders in the next two years. Man that is going to kill them when those contracts come due. If they’re smart they trade Carr and grab a QB, WR, RB this year and use the two firsts next year and whatever they get for Carr (another first?) on OL and defense next year. That’s a fast rebuild!
      Its the Cleveland Model for Success......

Comment

The big problem is finding "the guy". Once you have a QB you just build around him. You can always find ways to work around the cap number to fill out the rest of your team. If Gruden thinks that Carr is that guy and he is right Oakland (Vegas) will be in nice shape. The problem with Cleveland was that they never found a QB. It looks like they finally did. Now they have to find a real coach.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          The big problem is finding "the guy". Once you have a QB you just build around him. You can always find ways to work around the cap number to fill out the rest of your team. If Gruden thinks that Carr is that guy and he is right Oakland (Vegas) will be in nice shape. The problem with Cleveland was that they never found a QB. It looks like they finally did. Now they have to find a real coach.
          Gruden doesn't seem to like Carr ! Move him for Bortles and a 2nd round pick. Bortles holds down fort until Gruden drafts HIS QB next year. If I am Oakland I am moving every piece I can. Lynch, Joseph, and other vets for draft picks.

Comment

I saw something that said Carr was crying on the field when he got hurt. Gonna be hard to get that respect back when all you did was bruise your elbow.

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
              Gruden doesn't seem to like Carr ! Move him for Bortles and a 2nd round pick. Bortles holds down fort until Gruden drafts HIS QB next year. If I am Oakland I am moving every piece I can. Lynch, Joseph, and other vets for draft picks.
              It's hard to figure out wtf is in Chucky's head when it comes to QB's Rob because he knobs every decent player in the league lol. Do you remember the merry-go-round that he had going his last 2 years at TB? I think that he played 4 or 5 of them his last year there. He loved a guy one week and would fire him the next. He was all in love with Carr for the last 3 years but who knows how he feels now?

Fred, was it his throwing hand? It might be hard to keep your emotions in check if you think that your career might have just ended? I know that his teammates love him because he didn't do a money grab with his last contract because he wanted to save some money for his guys which got him a ton of cred in the locker room. I think that he'll be OK there. I hope so because I really like the kid.

Comment

Would anyone have been happy giving up a second? Below is from posted link

With NFL Network's Mike Silver reporting that the Eagles were offering a second-round pick to Oakland for Cooper, the Cowboys needed to up the bid to secure the potential No. 1 receiver the team has lacked.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...r-amari-cooper
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

I don't know if I could handle the drops ND, but then again who knows if they would follow him wherever he went?. Whether or not Dallas overpaid for him (and I'm not as convinced as every "expert" on tv is that Dallas did) the fact is that they got better making the trade. He draws a lot of attention from whoever's defense that he plays against. Other than hopefully getting a decent player at a lower price how important is that pick compared to a known talent anyway? Sydney Jones was supposed to be a top 10 pick that we stole in the second round. Have you seen anything out of him that makes you think that he's anymore than an average NFL corner?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    Have you seen anything out of him that makes you think that he's anymore than an average NFL corner?

I haven't seen much of him PERIOD! He's always injured.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                      Would anyone have been happy giving up a second? Below is from posted link

With NFL Network's Mike Silver reporting that the Eagles were offering a second-round pick to Oakland for Cooper, the Cowboys needed to up the bid to secure the potential No. 1 receiver the team has lacked.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...r-amari-cooper
                      I find this hard to believe. That would be out of character for Howie to overpay for a player with a questionable past. I think the Raiders floated this to get the Girls to pay top price. Cooper was worth right around what we paid for Ajayi last year.
                      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Working...
                      X