D just gave up 21 in 4th --- but wait there is more to it,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taz View Post
    Crazy no, shot across the bow of the team that is not practicing well, not playing well on game days YES. Sometimes you have to make tough moves to move a team forward. If Jenkins is the leader and his mind is on Colin Kapernick and not on how to stop a team from scoring 21 points in the 4th corner then I don't need a leader like that.
    What happened anyway to get you so fired up? I was out of town for 2 days without internet and away from this stuff. The only thing that I know about sports right now is that the Red Sox beat the Dodgers last night. A bunch of bombs were mailed to politicians too.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
      Crazy no, a shot across the bow of the team that is not practicing well, not playing well on game days YES.
      Today the NFl announced the firing of 'Down Judge' Hugo Cruz. This follows Cruz missing a blatant False Start by the Chargers' Russell Okung resulting in a scoring play for the Chargers. Cruz was not fired for this one blatantly missed call. This was the culmination of a season of fuck ups by Cruz...in a season marked by a ton of well publicized fuck ups by game officials throughout the league.

This is reportedly the first time in 50 years that the NFL has fired a game official during the season. Cruz is not a well known official. This is his 4th season in the league.

THIS was a shot across the bow to all the officials! "Get your shit together." Cruz abrupt and very atypical firing is almost entirely symbolic. He will not be missed.

Malcolm Jenkins is arguably the most reliable member of the the Eagles defense...perhaps even more than Cox. He's not Brian Dawkins...nobody but the Dawk is...but he plays very well and lays it all on the line every game. He is a solid leader. He is also an intelligent and reasonable man who has struck a nice balance between his values and the interests of the team in this most controversial of issues. His speaking out on CK and Bortles was ill timed. He's not perfect. I'd go to war with him any day.

Dealing Malcolm Jenkins would not be a "Shot across the bow". It would be a shot into the bow...below the water line.

"Come on man!"

Comment

If the Eagles, or another team shipped Jenkins out the team would instantly revolt as much as if they traded Wentz.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Jenkins shouldn't be giving the opposition bulletin board material like that. That, I agree with. Outside of that, I don't have a problem, because I don't think his off field stuff is effecting his play. He is the least of their problems.

Defensively, I think they miss McLeod quite a bit. But, to me, Mills is a liability as a starter on the outside, who gives up far too many plays at the most inopportune time. I know Schwartz likes his attitude, but at some point you have to consider how many big plays he keeps giving up. He's certainly a far worse problem than Jenkins is, and that's for sure.

But, to me, the biggest issue right now is that they are missing Blount and Ajayi to a lesser extent, because one thing that they had last year that they don't have this year is the ability to run the ball up the other team's ass to salt away games in the fourth quarter. Last year they pounded people in the fourth to protect a lead, and this year they simply don't have the horses in the backfield to get the job done. They would not have lost to Tenn or Carolina if the team could feed Blount and Ajayi, and burn 8 or 9 minutes off the clock in the 4th. Because of that, the defense is getting exposed.

Comment

Agree with the premise but I'm not sure I agree that it would have to be Blount. When you only have Smallwood and Adams who are really able to carry the rock it is tough. A healthy Sproles and/or Clement and/or Ajayi would go a long way toward being able to run the ball and having all three healthy would make this offense light years better
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Honestly you folks feel Malcolm Jenkins play is that good? When was the last turnover he produced? How about big play? He barely tipped a ball on Sunday that was a nice play, however, A little better throw and that's easy completion. As a veteran on in a putrid secondary, his focuses right now should be on what he can do to make things better. Not giving the other team bulletin board material. That is my problem with this, as a leader, he should not be doing that. Let me tell you if Bortles carves us that secondary this weekend then I think some of your opinions should change.

Also, let me say this to be clear, I really like the work that Jenkins does off the field. I think its great to see a player give back as much as he does to the community. He truly does show action in that arena and that is something as a fan I am proud of. However, I cheer for the Eagles because I love the game of football. When somebody seems distracted I have to call them out.
              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Eh, I don't think it detracts from his on field performance but who knows--maybe it does. I agree though that Bortles carving up the secondary this weekend will necessitate a very thorough look at the defense; from the DC on down through every player.
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Wow did this get off track but since it has--- anybody that claims to know how Jenkins is perceived in the clubhouse--- please STFU.

Nobody knows how the other guys react to him, if they play better or worse or if his clubhouse demeanor has ANY impact at all! We know nothing.

Just nobody knows if his play or anybody else play has been influenced by any off the field stuff.

I certainly do not profess to know at all--- He has been playing preety good and that is all I can judge on.

Comment

Working...
                  X