• Show
Clear All

• Here's a great rental

Lions want "at least" a 4th-round pick for Golden Tate
    Oct
    10/29/2018 3:37:14 PM
    |
    More

The Detroit Lions are reportedly asking for "at least" a fourth-round pick in exchange for veteran wide receiver Golden Tate according to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network.

Tate is in the final year of a five-year, $31 million contract he signed with the Lions in 2014 after four years in Seattle and the team apparently has little interest in keeping him in Detroit beyond 2018. Several teams have reportedly inquired about his availability. Tate turned 30 years old in August but has been both a durable and reliable slot receiver with three 1,000-yard+ seasons on his resume. Thus far in 2018 he has 44 catches for 517 yards and three touchdowns. If the Lions do find a taker before the trade deadline, the team could turn to T.J. Jones at slot receiver between emerging star Kenny Golladay and veteran Marvin Jones.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I want young guys that can stick around. I’m not interested in rental players. Now cheerleaders with an hourly rate might get my attention. Not my cash, but definately my attention!
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

We have a good slot guy in Aggy. We need the Torrey smith, Mike Wallace, Desean Jackson type of WR.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
        We have a good slot guy in Aggy. We need the Torrey smith, Mike Wallace, Desean Jackson type of WR.
        I'm pretty sure that he plays a lot of wr MD. I can't believe Detroit is thinking of trading him. Why? The guy is a hell of a receiver.

Comment

Nice call 60

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            Lions want "at least" a 4th-round pick for Golden Tate
            Oct
            10/29/2018 3:37:14 PM
            |
            More

The Detroit Lions are reportedly asking for "at least" a fourth-round pick in exchange for veteran wide receiver Golden Tate according to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network.

Tate is in the final year of a five-year, $31 million contract he signed with the Lions in 2014 after four years in Seattle and the team apparently has little interest in keeping him in Detroit beyond 2018. Several teams have reportedly inquired about his availability. Tate turned 30 years old in August but has been both a durable and reliable slot receiver with three 1,000-yard+ seasons on his resume. Thus far in 2018 he has 44 catches for 517 yards and three touchdowns. If the Lions do find a taker before the trade deadline, the team could turn to T.J. Jones at slot receiver between emerging star Kenny Golladay and veteran Marvin Jones.
            Not sure what site or who you talked to But -

Comment

Can we get him for a 4th instead though?

Comment

I know what you're thinking MD but I think Jeffrey is a guy the defense has to game plan for too. If you leave him one on one he'll kill you. Things should really open up now with Tate. We've got to start putting more points on the board, especially with a defensive line that looks gassed in the 4th quarter every week.

Comment

Next step find help on the Oline. We have to protect Wentz and give hime time to make the throws without a hnd in his face on every throw.
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I know what you're thinking MD but I think Jeffrey is a guy the defense has to game plan for too. If you leave him one on one he'll kill you. Things should really open up now with Tate. We've got to start putting more points on the board, especially with a defensive line that looks gassed in the 4th quarter every week.
                    Still like Tate on the outside and Aggy in the slot. Either way we are a much more "fierce" O now.
                    Tate, Aggy, Jeffery, and the two TE--- makes this a potentially very good O.

Comment

Still like Tate on the outside and Aggy in the slot. Either way we are a much more "fierce" O now.
                      Tate, Aggy, Jeffery, and the two TE--- makes this a potentially very good O.
                      I wonder which one of the two is going to be more pissed off moving outside seeing as they are both in contract years.

Comment

Aggy is better in the slot than outside IMO. I'm excited to see them together in 2 weeks. I hope Carson moves him into his home and throws a hundred balls a day
                        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

The birds receiving corps (WRs and TEs) are formidable with Tate. The key is going to be how long they have to develop routes. If Carson is going to have something <1 sec to throw or if the DEs can be so in his face that they continue to bat balls down they will still struggle. He is a strong kid so the OL needs to give him just a little time
                          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

I wonder which one of the two is going to be more pissed off moving outside seeing as they are both in contract years.
                            Eagles exercised the 5th year option on Aggy for next season, though they can always rescind it if he's healthy (the option is guaranteed for injury).

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
                              Eagles exercised the 5th year option on Aggy for next season, though they can always rescind it if he's healthy (the option is guaranteed for injury).
                              I think that I knew that about Aggie, but I wonder how that situation is going to go down? Aggie has been playing outside in some sets this season but I don't know if he has any targets or receptions out those formations. I just hope that one of them doesn't mind playing out wide.

Comment

Working...
                              X