Senior Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior Bowl

beagle mentioned a Senior Bowl RB prospect in a preceding thread, and I realized that I haven't been tracking many draft prospects this season.

I saw this article about a CB prospect out of Temple (all-name team, too ) with a wrestling background. Judging from the photo it appears he usues his wrestling skills on the field

http://www.philly.com/eagles/rock-ya...-20190125.html

Rock Ya-Sin has ideal size, speed, toughness and ball skills,” NFL Network draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah wrote in ranking Ya-Sin his 31st-best player in the draft. “In off-coverage, he has quick feet, and he’s very fluid when he turns and opens up. He doesn’t waste steps on his plant and drive -- he closes in a hurry. In press coverage, Ya-Sin needs to do a better job of using his hands, and he will occasionally get turned around versus shiftier wideouts.
    “Fortunately, he has the speed to recover when he’s caught out of position," Jeremiah wrote. " He finds the ball in the air and gets his hands on a lot of footballs. He’s very aggressive in run support, and he’s a reliable tackler in space. Overall, Ya-Sin has the competitiveness and athleticism to develop into a quality NFL starter.”

Ya-Sin clocked in at 5-11½ and 189 pounds for the Senior Bowl workouts, 2½ inches shorter than his listed Temple height, but plenty tall enough for a corner whose physicality isn’t an issue. Ya-Sin got a late start in football at Southwest DeKalb High in Decatur, Ga., because he was mainly a wrestler, a two-time state champion in the 162-pound class.
    That also impressed the personnel exec.

“That’s pretty unique – I’m used to scouting linebackers, d-linemen, o-linemen that have wrestling backgrounds,” he said. “Not so much DBs, corners especially.”
    Last edited by ThoughtProcess; 01-25-2019, 03:55 PM.

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
    beagle mentioned a Senior Bowl RB prospect in a preceding thread, and I realized that I haven't been tracking many draft prospects this season.

I saw this article about a CB prospect out of Temple (all-name team, too ) with a wrestling background. Judging from the photo it appears he usues his wrestling skills on the field

http://www.philly.com/eagles/rock-ya...-20190125.html
    2 1/2" shorter LOL. We're those college guys measuring them? God help us.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
      2 1/2" shorter LOL. We're those college guys measuring them? God help us.

Yeah the schools always 'boost up' the measurables, the better to attract the NFLs attention, which in turn helps the school's recruiting efforts for incoming players.
      Scouts usually say that they automatically subtract an inch or two from the height because of that

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
        Yeah the schools always 'boost up' the measurables, the better to attract the NFLs attention, which in turn helps the school's recruiting efforts for incoming players.
        Scouts usually say that they automatically subtract an inch or two from the height because of that
        Yeah, I know that they always exaggerate for the programs that they publicize. But 2 1/2 inches is one hell of a lot LOL! You would spot that as soon as the kid came through the door.

Bobby Taylor, I remember now unfortunately. He played about 20 years ago already didn't he?
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
        X