So Bell Is A FA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Bell Is A FA

Do you do it or do you give him the finger ? No doubt he can run and catch the ball, but I just think he is a dick and Pitt used the hell out of him. Got some miles on the tread.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

He's still got a lot of life in him IMO but I hope that the Birds don't even give the asshole a sniff. Not only him but that whole Pitt clubhouse has been cancer for the last 3 years and I don't think any of their guys would fit with us.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I'd certainly have feelers out around the league with scouts and players etc about what happened or what kind of guy he is and go from there. My take from the peanut gallery is I wouldn't give him a look.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

too expensive

Comment

He is a weapon. I do think that Conner proved that there is some system to his level of play and he is less special this year than he was last. Still would not touch him.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
            too expensive
            This !

Comment

Well I have no idea about cost,, but his talent we could use on a couple of year contract. As far as his condition, he just had a year off so I think he will be just fine and not overworked. His clubhouse crap, I just dunno. Look we had Vick, we had TO, other teams deal with these "types" of guys--- not sure I at least wouldn't do some due diligence before I just said no.

This is one area this team needs real help in--- not sure I just say no without some real heavy thought first.
              Last edited by MDFAN; 02-21-2019, 12:53 PM.

Comment

This might sway your opinion

Report: Antonio Brown unexcused absence in Week 17 wasn’t the only time he left Steelers in 2018

Feb
                2/20/2019 3:02:32 PM
                |More
                Antonio Brown’s unexcused absence from practice with the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 17 has been well covered since the season ended, but it would appear that was not the only time the team’s star receiver went missing in 2018, Simon Chester of Behind the Steel Curtain reports. If veteran beat reporter Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette is to be believed, Brown was AWOL on two other occasions last season, with both absences covered up by the team.

Appearing as a guest on the Dan Patrick Show, Bouchette claimed that AB had actually left the Steelers three times in total over the course of the year.

“He left the team three times. Once for a week in training camp that they covered up. They said he had an injury and he really didn't. Once on a Monday after they lost to Kansas City and he threw a fit on the sidelines and didn't show up Monday, and then at the end of the season.”

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org

Comment

I shouldn't be interested ,but i am. Getting Lev Bell would be a HUGE upgrade

Comment

You know that it's all downhill for him now dawk. Pushups in the driveway and that crap. Nobody is going to pay him what he wants and he's going to be pissed off wherever he lands. He's not going to settle for Doug's spread it around offense. Million dollar player with 10 cent head.

Comment

If anybody doesn't think he could help this team big time--- respectfully you are nuts.

But that really isn't the question with him. And frankly NOBODY knows how it would work out "HEAD" wise or "TEAM" wise.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                        If anybody doesn't think he could help this team big time--- respectfully you are nuts
                        Originally posted by MDFAN View Post

But that really isn't the question with him. And frankly NOBODY knows how it would work out "HEAD" wise or "TEAM" wise.
                        Of course you are right MD, but the guy wants QB money. That's a pretty big gamble and can screw you up for years if it backfires so I say steer clear of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                          [B]

Of course you are right MD, but the guy wants QB money. That's a pretty big gamble and can screw you up for years if it backfires so I say steer clear of him.
                          And I want to be King of Sweden--- I stopped worrying about the money (by 90%) years ago--- they pay guys to figure that stuff out. As a fan I would like to have that talent in a spot we really need an answer for. All I am trying here is to say that anybody that tries to think of this move as somehow bad football is nuts. Now it might be an organizational problem but not a talent problem-- as some people have seemed to insinuate.

Comment

He did pull 3 no shows including a whole big game. I don't know.

Comment

That is why I think you have to have the inside dope. You get that from league sources that fans don't have access to. Sometimes you have a player on your team that is tight with someone and can "control" the guy. Every team has a general dollar figure they are willing to spend on a position and as fans we really don't know how they see that. All of that leaves us fans to speculate which makes it fun. My take-- he is a talent but I would need to see some real good reports on him before signing. But I am a guy who thinks chemistry goes a lot further than many fans give credit.
                              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X