There is literally no way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is literally no way

That the eagles take a RB in first round. No way and no how.

As a matter of fact, I think the Birds go OL and DL heavy in first 3 rounds although I would not be surprised to see them take a WR to groom as Alshon’s replacement in 3-4 years. I love Hakeem Butler.

They will take a RB like Bryce Love or Benny Snell from a big school that has proven he can run with a low pad level and move people... and that player will be available in 4th or 5th round.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

While I wholeheartedly agree they don't pick a RB first I have learned to never say no way or no how if I am not the guy doing the controlling. There was a day when I would've said no way they take a safety and two CBs with their first three picks when they already had Dawkins, Taylor, and Vincent in the fold.
    Signing Graham gives them great flexibility at DE. If they redo Jernigan before draft or grab a DT that will tell me they want flexibility there also. Lots of teams tout, but don't live by, the philosophy of BPA. I really believe Howie & Co strive for best player available. To do that you have to be good at each position. All of these so called experts had DE or CB as the big need based on not being able to sign Graham due to cap or losing Long/Bennett and then having to play crap at CB without saying it was due to injury. I won't be surprised to see DE or CB but only because the birds see them as BPA. The birds also could be okay on the OL with who they have but I won't be surprised to see OL first.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

I agree BPA but I think for this front office they tend to side with the best player available at least early being a big man with agility and I think they’d like him to be from a Power 5 school. Unless it’s a QB.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I think that they would have drafted Love if he was around but he shit the bed last year so I think that they'll stick with BPA. I don't remember seeing any can't miss rbs this season but there might be a few of them around. I'd stay away from any rb who has had knee damage. The many knee injuries that Gurley had at Georgia look like they finally caught up with him at the end of last year.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
          being a big man with agility and I think they’d like him to be from a Power 5 school. Unless it’s a QB.
          Or a TE . Whoever they have scouting FCS schools or maybe just Dakota has some influence with the team.
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            I'd stay away from any rb who has had knee damage. The many knee injuries that Gurley had at Georgia look like they finally caught up with him at the end of last year.
            Personally I'd stay away from anyone with injuries. I know it is tempting to get a steal and I know some recover and are the same as they were in college. I also know most are not what they were in college.
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

I agree on OL and DL early in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                I agree on OL and DL early in the draft.
                based on the depth of DL in this draft, I'm gonna be surprised if we don't get a very talented DT in the first round
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                  based on the depth of DL in this draft, I'm gonna be surprised if we don't get a very talented DT in the first round
                  It would surprise me a bit if they didn't take a DT in the first round the way things look right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                    It would surprise me a bit if they didn't take a DT in the first round the way things look right now.
                    IMO they will get Jernigan back on a prove it 1 yr deal. He didn't put enough on tape to show he was the real deal and teams will shy away because of the back
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Josh Jacobs is worth a low first rounder IMHO. Other than him, I agree. Nobody blew me away at the combine

There may be a couple worth selecting at pick 57 in round 2. I like the idea of Miles Sanders. I also like Darrell Henderson from Memphis

The rest can wait til the 4th round or later. Although our next pick after 57 is not til pick 127 in round 4

all this is why I would actually be OK with making a run at Leveon "Liberty" Bell

Comment

Jacobs has the most exposure playing for Alabama but I wonder if he's going to be a top back in the NFL? He's on TV a lot. We can't iss there and We really have no idea what Ajayi and Clementwill be like this year. We've got to find a horse!
                        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                        X