Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles Trade for Jordan Howard

2020 6th rounder. Boom there is your RB
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

He is not fast but he is a load
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Now we have no area of concern heading into the draft. BPA all the way
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

One of the best RB in football. Over the last three years Only Howard and Elliot have averaged over 900 yards per season, only Elliot, Howard, Hunt and Gurley have surpassed 2000 yards since 2017.

All Hail Howie he stole him. 4.3 YPC, can catch the ball out of the backfield, is a good blocker. Durable.

He is the best back we have had since Shady

Comment

We got ourselves a horse!! This guy can bang! I thought it was just BS when there were rumors that he might be available. Very cool.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Another nice move.... lots of upside.

Comment

Reuben Frank made a good point. If we let him walk after this year and he gets a deal from anybody of any sort we get a comp pick. Howie gonna Howie.
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                Reuben Frank made a good point. If we let him walk after this year and he gets a deal from anybody of any sort we get a comp pick. Howie gonna Howie.
                How about he kicks ass and we keep him!

Comment

Great Move Howie, absolute highway robbery of Da Bears! Actually I thought this move would take place months ago & to get Howard for a 6th in 2020 is a Fleecing by Howie. I like it & Howie for President!
                  Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Seems the Rose man has come a long way from being called twerp or not a football guy and being banished by Chip. Don't know what kind of locker room guy Howard is but this move seems right from every angle. Still have Clement et al who can produce and you have a young guy who can pound on the D to loosen things up all for a sixth rd pick next year-- pretty much a flyer pick
                    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                      Now we have no area of concern heading into the draft. BPA all the way

LB?

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
                        LB?
                        I would agree but the Eagles think that either Fort or Worilow can handle the position.

I do think they will draft a LB maybe as high as the 2nd round.

Round 1 almost is either a lineman or possible a WR

Comment

More on Howard from Sportsnaut

ColumnsNFL
                          EAGLES GET THE STEAL OF THE NFL OFFSEASON IN JORDAN HOWARD
                          By Vincent Frank - March 28, 2019

Jordan Howard
                          The Philadelphia Eagles have been doing everything in their power to add a true starting running back to the mix this offseason. Initial temptation in the likes of Le’Veon Bell and Tevin Coleman netted the team nothing.

With the NFL Draft less than a month away, most figured Philadelphia would look to add a running back through that avenue.

While that still might be the case, these Eagles just picked up the steal of the NFL offseason — acquiring former Pro Bowl running back Jordan Howard from the Chicago Bears in exchange for a mid-round pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.

The ability to add someone of Howard’s ilk to the mix for next-to-nothing proves these Eagles are in it to win it.

Wasn’t a fit in the Windy City: Matt Nagy’s offense didn’t work for Howard.

After putting up 2,858 total yards and 16 touchdowns over his first two seasons, Howard regressed big time under Nagy this past year.
                          He put up career-low numbers in terms of total yards (1,080) and yards per touch (4.0). It became apparent during the season that this wasn’t going to be a long-term marriage.
                          By making the move for Howard now, the Eagles are buying low. Howard is a much better running back than what we saw last season.
                          Got him for nothing: Philadelphia had been in the market, and got value.

Instead of paying top dollar for Le’Veon Bell or adding an aging veteran, Philadephia got a kid that still hasn’t reached his prime.
                          You don’t put up nearly 4,000 total yards in the first three seasons of your career without being good.
                          The 2019 NFL Draft is weak at running back. Hence, the sense of urgency to add someone with proven experience to the backfield.
                          Philly gave up pretty much nothing for Howard. A sixth (or fifth) rounder a year from now is not going to hurt the team.
                          2019 NFL Draft: The alternatives were not great.

We’re not expecting a running back to go off the board in Round 1 next month. That just goes to show us how teams value this position leading up to the 2019 NFL Draft.
                          One can easily make the argument that Howard is better than any running back in the class not named Josh Jacobs or Darrell Henderson.
                          Each of those players would have likely cost the Eagles a second-round pick. They add a prime-year player for pennies on the dollar.

Major upgrade: Eagles rushing attack was weak in 2018.

There’s a reason GM Howie Roseman and Co. were looking running back. This unit ranked in the bottom five of the NFL last season.
                          With both Jay Ajayi and Darren Sproles still free agents, there weren’t many realistic internal options on the Eagles’ roster.
                          At his best, Howard is a major upgrade for Philadelphia. With Carson Wentz coming off yet another injury, building a strong rushing attack was a necessity.
                          In no way does this trade change Philadelphia’s philosophy heading into the 2019 NFL Draft. The team didn’t even give up a selection this year for Howard.

It does open up other possibilities. While the 2019 draft is weak at running back, depth is the biggest strength when it comes to this unit. The Eagles don’t have to overspend for a back with Howard now in the mix.

Even then, we wouldn’t put it past Roseman and Co. to add another young back in April. It could give this team a one-two backfield punch it has desperately been missing. In turn, that will only help Carson Wentz under center.

Comment

Finally somebody seeing the draft as somewhat weak at the RB position and saying it. There are a bunch of good rotational backs in this draft, which plays into how we play so its all good. A couple of guys like Jacobs, Sanders, Montgomery could turn into bell cow backs but overall its not a great class.

My only concern or thought on Howard is Both Nagy and Pederson come from the same Andy Reid cloth. How can one see this guy as good and the other not?

Also telling is Duce Staley has been making the rounds running a ton of the RB pro days. He had to have come back and said Howard is better lets go there.

I don't think they are going to draft a back. They like Clement who everybody said out of college couldn't catch the ball, well all he did was have two of the bigger catches in the Super Bowl.

The back that hurts the most from this is Adams.

There are a ton of positives with Howard though. Here is one nobody is talking about ,he had the highest pass blocking efficiency of any RB in football last year. I watched a ton of his games last year and I saw him one on one against DE and saw him hold his own. That is a huge thing for the Eagles because Darren Sproles was there most capable blocker last year and he got ran over more than I would like.
                            Last edited by taz; 03-29-2019, 12:13 PM.

Comment

If Jacobs is there at 25, we shoukd still take him

This Howard trade is nice insurance should our draft position work against us getting one of the stud HBs

Comment

Working...
                              X