Howie wants impact so here you go if he moves up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howie wants impact so here you go if he moves up

The top 2019 inside linebacker prospects available for the 2019 NFL Draft. *

Devin White*, ILB, LSU
    Height: 6-0. Weight: 237. Arm: 32.13. Hand: 9.75.
    40 Time: 4.42. Three Cone: 7.07.
    Bench: 22. Vertical: 39.5. Broad: 9-10.
    Projected Round (2019): Top-16.
    3/23/19: At the combine, White solidified his standing in the top half of the first round with an excellent workout, including a faster than expected 40 time. He is your quintessential linebacker who is a physical force against the run, covers ground in pass defense, and is a team leader who sets the tone for a violent, intimidating defense. White is worthy of being a top-16 pick in any draft class because he looks like a future difference-maker as a three-down starter in the NFL. He is a good fit for either a 4-3 or a 3-4 defense. White should be a starter quickly in his NFL career and could be a Pro Bowler early on.

White totaled 123 tackles with 12 for a loss, six passes broken up, three sacks and three forced fumbles in 2018. The junior was rock solid for LSU, showing excellent run-defense skills with the ability to contribute in coverage. White is also effective at generating pass pressure when blitzing. He is extremely instinctive and has a big-time presence.

8/29/18: White had an excellent 2017 season, totaling 133 tackles with 14 tackles for a loss, 4.5 sacks, three passes broken up and one interception. White didn't get the attention of other SEC linebackers like Roquan Smith and Rashaan Evans, first-round picks in the 2018 NFL Draft, but that could easily change this fall. Here is how one of the National scouts summarized White.

"This kid could end up being similar to Ray Lewis. I'd take White over any of the linebackers this year. He's unbelievable. Unless he gets hurt or completely shuts it down to protect himself, he'll be the first linebacker drafted next year. He's the complete package. Great character. He's the signal-caller of the defense with a super football IQ. He's big, study, and stout enough for Mike - middle linebacker; swift enough for Will - weakside linebacker -, great athlete and coverage instincts. Stacks up the stat boxes, all of them. He's fast, an explosive tackler, and [has] elite reactionary quickness.

"Right now, he's among the best, and maybe the best, I've scouted. Better athlete and versatility than [Dont'a] Hightower. More explosive, violent, and bigger than C.J. Mosley; same level of instincts. Better than Jerod Mayo at Tennessee. Bigger than Jonathan Vilma while being more violent and instinctive than D.J. Williams, same kind of freak athlete explosiveness-wise. [A] thumper like Sean Weatherspoon. Basically, he's a bigger version of Roquan Smith in the 240-250-pound range. He's FUN to watch. Unbelievable stamina and motor. He could be the best linebacker ever to come out of LSU."

Devin Bush*, ILB, Michigan
    Height: 5-11. Weight: 234. Arm: 32.00. Hand: 9.63.
    40 Time: 4.43. Three Cone: 6.93.
    Bench: 21. Vertical: 40.5. Broad: 10-4.
    Projected Round (2019): 1-2.
    3/23/19: At the combine, Bush blazed a fast 40 time and helped to solidify his standing as a first-round pick.

Bush is an undersized linebacker, but he is a fast defender with sideline-to-sideline speed. Bush shows the ability to be a three-down starter with the ability to drop into pass coverage and help defend receiving threats in the intermediate part of the field. Bush totaled 78 tackles with five sacks, nine tackles for a loss, six passes broken up and five sacks in 2018.

8/29/18: If Bush were taller and had more length, he would be rated higher as he has been an impressive defender for the Wolverines. In 2017, Bush totaled 101 tackles with five sacks, eight passes broken up and an interception. He has speed, instincts, and some athleticism.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

We do need an IMPACT player at LB, not just a player, but one that has real game-changing skills. We haven't had anybody there in a few years.

Comment

Watch the tape on Mack Wilson of Alabama and Tre Watson from Maryland I think both of these guys will be playmakers at the next level. Wilson might not make it to 53, Watson should be there.

I don't think they will use round 1 pick 25 on a LB but its Howie so you never know
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Look at the measurables for both White and Bush. Bush gets the "undersized" label while White does not. Does that 1 inch in height do that or does <6' do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
          Look at the measurables for both White and Bush. Bush gets the "undersized" label while White does not. Does that 1 inch in height do that or does <6' do it.
          I only know one body part where an inch is a big deal and they didn't list it.

Comment

I'm not going to moan at all if they go LB with their first pick; although I don't think it will happen. I would love to see an impact guy at LB. I was really impressed with Roquan Smith coming out of college and would love to have a player of his caliber behind our DL.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Why is it that the defender in the middle of the field supposed to be an undervalued pick? I don't get it. In every sport there is you want to be strong up the middle.

Comment

I’d be over the moon if they took White at 25. He is a playmaker. But he will not last that long.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Working...
                X