The Thorson decision?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Thorson decision?

I don't doubt the pick on a talent basis or even on the need side of things. However I think that it does mean that we have to go with 3 QBs on the roster this year. If he shows anything in the preseason and goes on the PS he'll probably get plucked off of it, especially if he was on another team's radar on draft day. We are kind of in a Catch 22 spot at that position, especially with Carson's problems staying healthy.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

They carried three last year. They're carry three this year. No big deal.

Also saw this on Thorson:
    https://www.delcotimes.com/sports/bo...d9297da5a.html

Comment

They said he displayed a very strong arm in camp
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
        They carried three last year. They're carry three this year. No big deal.

Also saw this on Thorson:
        https://www.delcotimes.com/sports/bo...d9297da5a.html
        I guess so. The thing is that we used one of our only 5 picks on him meaning they wanted him. I hope that we can keep him somehow. Ever since Doug came here we've been loaded at the position. Now that Nick isn't around things have changed. We've gotten along with just a practice squad guy as #3 for a couple of years.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Just me but I think Doug & Co like having a third QB that is more than just a practice squad guy. Sudfeld certainly wasn't just a practice squad guy and they could've signed any number of 'camp' guys rather than invest in Thorson. They've been pretty up front that they would like to draft a QB every other year or so. I agree it takes a spot on the 53 but he will be inactive every week and hopefully he turns out to be good protection if Sudfeld decides to move on next year or some team wants to give the birds #2 (ala Feeley, et al) in trade
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

I like Thorson - saw many of his games and think he will develop as he gets further from his ACL injury.

What does Kessler signing mean? Could he be the potential no. 3? I would think Thorson would get plucked off PS.
            Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
            Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Kessler is here for competition. He has some experience in the league came out in the same draft as both Wentz and Nate. I don't think he is competing for QB3 or QB1,he is competing with Nate for QB2. Now we all know how Howie loves to trade if Kessler has a good camp and so does Nate I can see Howie dealing one of them.

Thorson is exactly what a 3rd string QB should be developmental.
              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Working...
              X