Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeke extention

Dallas really played hardball with him!
    I can't see how it's good business to have that much of your cap go to a RB, no matter how good he is. Granted, he'll do really well but that's mostly because of the O-Line. They are giving out a lot of big contracts, lately. I can't see how they can keep all of their top guys.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
    Dallas really played hardball with him!
    I can't see how it's good business to have that much of your cap go to a RB, no matter how good he is. Granted, he'll do really well but that's mostly because of the O-Line. They are giving out a lot of big contracts, lately. I can't see how they can keep all of their top guys.
    We do too. There's always a way if your owner doesn't mind spending the money.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I think they'll have money for the top guys (Dak is next). The issue will be how do you round out your roster with talent vs just draft picks and UDFA.

Comment

I'd say that less than half our starters are home grown. That MLB that they drafted turned their whole defense around though. If you hit home runs with your picks it puts you in a great position too. Pittsburg and NE have it down pat.

Comment

Not sure when the NFL fleeces the networks again for a new contract but Jerry might be banking on a significant increase in the cap or a work stoppage in two years. But any team can pay a few people a fortune but it is tough to have quality depth, or sign a someone when a top guy gets injured, when you do that.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

So it sounds like they have him for 10 years at $100 million with $50 million guaranteed. So if it is a Kim Kardashian type contract (i.e. heavy on the backend) they could theoretically dump him in 4 years and only have paid him $60 million based on the $15 million per year average. At that point he will have 6 years of wear and tear and given the Cowboys history Jerry will ride him harder than a $5 crack whore during Fleet week. All-in-all I think they got off easy here. I fully expected Jerry to go higher on this deal. If they get Dak the $40 per year he wants they will have a hard time keeping Cooper. Two firsts for a 2 year rental! Gotta love it!
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
              So it sounds like they have him for 10 years at $100 million with $50 million guaranteed. So if it is a Kim Kardashian type contract (i.e. heavy on the backend) they could theoretically dump him in 4 years and only have paid him $60 million based on the $15 million per year average. At that point he will have 6 years of wear and tear and given the Cowboys history Jerry will ride him harder than a $5 crack whore during Fleet week. All-in-all I think they got off easy here. I fully expected Jerry to go higher on this deal. If they get Dak the $40 per year he wants they will have a hard time keeping Cooper. Two firsts for a 2 year rental! Gotta love it!
              I don't know Juk. It sounds to me like JJ got a pretty good deal.
              Last edited by Eagle60; 09-05-2019, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Goff's extension today exceeds Wentz's. That can only mean that Dak is going to be asking for even more $$$.

I am so glad we got Carson signed first before these other guys.

Comment

Did I see that Goff got $100 million guaranteed?

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
                    Did I see that Goff got $100 million guaranteed?
                    Yep.

Comment

Zeke got paid and that is great. But they still have to pay:

Dak and Amari Cooper

And if you look further Zack Martin, Travis Frederick and Tyron Smith will all be paid less than $5 million next year so they will want to be paid now too.

Granted.. the Cowboys in 2020 have $65 million in cap space but $25 of that is going to Dak at least. And Amari Cooper is a free agent next year so there goes another $14 million a year. That leaves them about $26 million. Leighton VanderEsch is going to need a deal too.

Bottom line... the Zeke deal is just too much to pay a RB. I'd never, ever, ever, pay a RB more than $7 million a year.
                      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Working...
                      X