X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyprien PI

W t f was that call????
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

If it is the play I remember he kind of had him mugged with the right arm. But I did think that the GB guy knocked Jeffrey's hands before that ball got there. To me that said the refs have a tolerance for a certain amount of interference
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
      If it is the play I remember he kind of had him mugged with the right arm. But I did think that the GB guy knocked Jeffrey's hands before that ball got there. To me that said the refs have a tolerance for a certain amount of interference
      His right arm was on him but it didn't turn him or really hinder him in anyway. Looked like really good tight coverage to me.
      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
        His right arm was on him but it didn't turn him or really hinder him in anyway. Looked like really good tight coverage to me.
        I don't think that anyone including Al Riveron knows what PI is. I'm moving towards the opinion of turning back the clock 100 years and let the defense do whatever they want to to break up a pass. In other words "pass at your own risk". What else do you want? I could have tackled the running back but that guy blocked me?
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I am not ready to go back to no DPI but to call it as tight as they do and now use replay too is just choking this league to death.

I love points but I also love defense.

Fantasy Football has hurt the NFL because it is such a stats league now.

Big people running down the field together are going to touch each other. PI should be called but not nearly as often. And if 2 guys are running side by side let the little bit of contact go.

Make the WR make a play.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
            I am not ready to go back to no DPI but to call it as tight as they do and now use replay too is just choking this league to death.

I love points but I also love defense.

Fantasy Football has hurt the NFL because it is such a stats league now.

Big people running down the field together are going to touch each other. PI should be called but not nearly as often. And if 2 guys are running side by side let the little bit of contact go.

Make the WR make a play.
            In slow motion, everything will look like PI. They need to review these plays at full speed. Maybe they do.
            Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I would like to see the focus be almost entirely on penalizing interference with the free/unrestricted movement of the opponents arms and hands. The same would hold for OPI as DPI, with the sole exception of flagrant pick plays by an offensive player. Otherwise, unless a defender or receiver literally tackles the opponent, physical contact should be considered incidental and not be penalized.

Oh, and Al Riveron needs to be shown the door... if not publicly hung as a subtle reminder to all officials to "get the calls right".

Comment

I don't like the disqualification for targeting in college football. It took 3 starters out of PSU / Maryland game the other night
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I strongly agree with all three of those suggestions guys. They are ruining the game with this shit. They changed the rule about 30 years ago because it was so bad and now they supposedly don't call it if the defender is looking back at the ball. They don't focus on that very much lately now though. And while you're at it, change that ridiculous illegal contact rule to 12 yards!

Comment

Agree rspurr and have said so since replay came into being. Review it at full speed. If a professional can't determine a penalty or play when reviewing it at full speed they shouldn't be doing it live action.
                    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                      Agree rspurr and have said so since replay came into being. Review it at full speed. If a professional can't determine a penalty or play when reviewing it at full speed they shouldn't be doing it live action.
                      Yes, this super slow motion is a crock of shit.

Comment

Working...
                      X